Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missing Front sight set screw

Oldhand

Any one know the size and depth of the front sight set screw on the Tanfoglio limited, mine has come out, fortunately I didn't lost the sight, but need a new one or two just in case.  Searched the forums for the size and couldn't find any information.  

I'm not sure the factory size, but it might be hard to find locally being surely metric. I would take your front sight to look for a set screw that works or if you can't find correct size. I would just thread it for a common sae size. 

I know there is a hardwares store across the road , who keeps a ton of machine screws in stock , was just hoping somebody knew the size as I didn’t have to bin hunt the place, that’s all. 

The Dawson sights use a much smaller set screw and they put it in a different location than factory. I love their sight but I do feel this is a poor design. As over time the sight tends to become loose. If they had just kept the factory size and location it would help hold it much better.

12 hours ago, Oldhand said:

I know there is a hardwares store across the road , who keeps a ton of machine screws in stock , was just hoping somebody knew the size as I didn’t have to bin hunt the place, that’s all. 

It will take you 5 minutes, maybe only 2 if they have a good hardware store person. 

Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man.

Not the same thing, obviously, but when I needed to find the proper length and spec screws to mount my Vortex Viper to my Glock MOS, Ace had exactly what I needed.  Saved me several shekels.

True Value has it going on.  They even had machined bolts and screws from Brownells specific for Guns, scopes etc..  Found the alan plug that I needed, looks like a 4-40 by 1/8 picked up a few extra at a whooping 26 cents each. Yeah Buddy..

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like I might have the opposite problem.  Used LimPro with a possible stripped screw. Just went to replace my front sight but can't seem to get that screw out. Sight will move back and forth a small amount but obviously something still in there that the allen wrench can't get a hold of.  Any tips or advice?

Lost my Lim Pro front sight in a match.  Had to shoot two stages without it.  MIne is lock-tighted in now, with the permanent (I think red?) locktite.  It ain't going anywhere again without a torch.