Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX magazines

glocklover

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were for me.  In my CK Arms open gun they ran 100% from the start.  The older version STI tubes I bought took extensive tuning to get to work so add the cost of the tuning kit, grams followers and springs.  I've bought one of the newer versions STI mags and it has worked 100% so far but don't have a lot of rounds through it yet.

I prefer the MBX mags.  They run 100% and are sturdy.  I drop mine, including the big stick all the time on gravel and the feed lips stay tuned.  My next fav is the Gen 1 SVI mags.  I run TTI guts in them.  The feed lips require more frequent adjustment.  My least fav are the STI mags.  It seems that if I look at them crooked I have to adjust the feed lips.  I got so tired of it I now use them only for Classifiers if I have to drop in dirt or dust.  Otherwise they are for dry fire practice.

3 hours ago, dvc4you said:

Do MBX magazines work with SVI signature grips? SVI frames?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes they do. I've used them on my Limited and Open guns with the signature grips. No problems at all with feeding or dropping out when I want them to.

After messing around with several STI mags for my .40 Edge I went to MBX (tubes and guts) and have not looked back. Also, use them in my Match Master open 9mm and, knock on wood, they've been running like a charm.

Several threads on this.  Most seem to be positive with the occasional, "these are junk, don't ever buy". 

I cannot speak for any other of their mags but the STI/SV 2011 mags.  When I shot limited last year I had 4 of them in 40 that ran flawlessly in two different guns and never needed to be tuned.  I am currently using them in open, 170s, 155s, and 140s.  All of them are great as well.

If you need the extra capacity then the MBX mags may be worth the money.  I've had great luck with the new style STI mags for IDPA.  For Limited 40, I added Grams guts and TTI base pads.  So you start to get close to the cost of an MBX mag.   In short, if you don't want to dick with buying other parts and you have to have max capacity, go with MBX.

I have the MBX 170s for Caspian/Tangfolio and they are much more reliable than the 140mm K-9 stamped tubes (Made by Mech-gar) and followers that came from the factory with my gun

seen them work like a gem in his Caspian

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For me the MBX magazines have worked very well in my CK Arms Hardcore Open 9 Major.  I could not be happier.

Same here. I had issues with the STI ones in my CK Hardcore Open and went to MBX. They have never needed tuning and work with either the poly or steel grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched to Mbx mags a while ago. Haven't had any issues at all!  I recently sent all of them back to Mbx to have an ambi cut made in them to work in my new custom build that has SVI signature series metal grips. Stupid lefty...  I can't wait for my custom builds to be complete!

To be fair on my limited gun I use STI (old style) tubes, grams spring/follower and TTI base pads.  They have worked perfect from day one with no tuning just as my MBX did.  They may have been a bit cheaper but it seems worth it to me to just get something that is done when it shows up to your door.