Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack / Production Holster Position from Body?

jkrispies

I thought there was a rule which required a Single Stack (and probably Production?) holster to be no more than "X inches" from the belt or competitor's body, or something like that.  I found the rule about the top strap needing to be above the belt, but nothing about spacing distance.  I just set myself up with a Safariland Competition Kit, and I am trying to be diligent about keeping my adjustments legal.  Was this rule struck out, or am I blind, or crazy....?  Thanks, J

9 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

2" and it is in one of the appendix sections at the back of the rule book.

Thanks!  It's funny, right about when you were posting that I thought, "Hey, they have some pictures at the back of the rulebook, don't they?"

This is one rule you don't want to screw up.

As Chuck pointed out, it applies to all divisions including Open. There's no division to move you to if it's over 2".

If it's over you would be shooting for no score.

13 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

This is one rule you don't want to screw up.

As Chuck pointed out, it applies to all divisions including Open. There's no division to move you to if it's over 2".

If it's over you would be shooting for no score.

Actually, there is no bump for this. It is simply a equipment problem that must be fixed before the shooter is allowed to continue. If they shoot a stage out of compliance, they get a zero for the stage. See the ruling of Sep 11, 2015 https://uspsa.org/nroi/rulings

On 4/19/2018 at 12:54 PM, ChuckS said:

Actually, there is no bump for this. It is simply a equipment problem that must be fixed before the shooter is allowed to continue. If they shoot a stage out of compliance, they get a zero for the stage. See the ruling of Sep 11, 2015 https://uspsa.org/nroi/rulings

...IF you can get your equipment within 2".  If not, you are out of luck.