Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow springs

jbecker

Hi folks

Which hammer and recoil spring do you recommend, want reliable ignition with federal, winchester, and cci primers. I can't always get federal primers, so will take a little heavier spring to ensure gun fires with all 3 primer companies. Also plan to install the extended firing pin and reduced power firing pin spring.

Hi folks

Which hammer and recoil spring do you recommend, want reliable ignition with federal, winchester, and cci primers. I can't always get federal primers, so will take a little heavier spring to ensure gun fires with all 3 primer companies. Also plan to install the extended firing pin and reduced power firing pin spring.

I have found that some Shadows are fine lighting off CCI primers with 11.5 pound hammer springs, while others have issues even with 13 lb springs. You should be fine after you get the extended firing pin and rami firing pin spring.

I have found that the CGW eleven pound recoil spring works for me most of the time. Sometimes I will go down to a 10 pound recoil spring depending on my 147 and 165 loads.