Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have this happen in scoring

jeremy kemlo

I won production division today. The interesting thing is the shooter that finished right behind me in production ended up one position in front of me in the overal. Jeremy then Justin in production. Justin 5th then  Jeremy 6th overall. 

Has that ever happens to you? Here is a list Bj to practiscore. 

https://practiscore.com/results/new/54607

Yes, I've seen this before.

It has to do with how many points you each earned per stage overall versus within your division.

A stage win (between you two) on one stage may present the winner with, say, 20 points over the other, but overall, you may only gain 5 points over the other.

With a single stage, the division rank order would be the same, but if you add another stage, things get more complicated.

So, another stage could have the other person gain 15 points in your division, but overall, they may gain 10 points. Now your combined overall order has just flipped, even though your division order is still the same.

To see where this may have happened, try to look for stages that have a large percentage difference between the two of you in Production... that is where it can turn out to be a bigger difference in overall.

Stages without a big difference between you in Production, but where you were both further down in the overall will gain you fewer overall points between you than in your division, too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I always thought this has a lot to do with major vs. minor scoring.  This happens more with minor divisions like Production, because combined uses major scoring, but I could be wrong.