Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC red dot. Which one?


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ABQautoxer said:

When I see/hear of setups that sound high to I just assume they do a very different cheek weld than I do. More Jaw than cheek bone or something like that? To each, their own.

Your right, heavier stuff I use a check weld with the PCC it's more of a Jaw weld.  Not sure why, just the way it is.

Link to comment
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the 510C, green, on my GMR-15 and will there was absolutely noting wrong with it; it just was not the one for me. It was light weight, clear and rock steady but it was just something missing. I went back to my Vortex UH-1 which I shot all last year. The one thing I will miss is the ability to switch between he circle and the dot.

Link to comment
27 minutes ago, BiggMike said:

I tried the 510C, green, on my GMR-15 and will there was absolutely noting wrong with it; it just was not the one for me. It was light weight, clear and rock steady but it was just something missing. I went back to my Vortex UH-1 which I shot all last year. The one thing I will miss is the ability to switch between he circle and the dot.

If you like that style, wait a few months for the 512c (aluminum) or 512t (titanium).  They're sick!

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, gnhowell1 said:

Coupled with the 509, it may be the perfect short distance carbine optics combo.  

Screenshot_20190208-202832.jpg

 

I don’t know if you’ve looked at the weather for Noveske it’s all rain. You’re  lucky to have the 512 . The last time I used my 510 in the rain it starburst on me multiple times. I prefer my 510, but the forecast has me thinking I should use my mro. 

Edited by Bwillis
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Bwillis said:

 

I don’t know if you’ve looked at the weather for Noveske but it’s all rain. You’re  lucky to have the 512 . The last time I used my 510 in the rain it starburst on me multiple times. I prefer my 510, but the forecast has me thinking I should use my mro. 

It's my understanding your exact scenario formulated the 512 and the 509.

Edited by gnhowell1
Link to comment

Shooters connection is $256 plus shipping. They have great customer service, fast shipping or you can use a place I won’t mention that has a terrible bbb rating and no phone number. I prefer my 510 over my mro and the cmore I had. The only downside I’ve found with the 510 is in wet conditions the diode can get water on it causing a starburst. There are a lot of positives huge window, small window frame, brightness, battery life, changing reticle is a breeze, the mount that comes on it is nice. Take the plunge you won’t regret it.   

Edited by Bwillis
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Startingover said:

 

I think I should wait to see if I ever get the actual optic first.

LOL 

Watching tracking numbers is always good fun.

 

Especially when you order something from a drop shipper that you know nothing about!

LOL 

It's finally on it's way though.

 

 I probably wouldn't have ordered it from MVO if weren't for the few of you earlier in this thread that had done it successfully.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Startingover said:

Watching tracking numbers is always good fun.

 

Especially when you order something from a drop shipper that you know nothing about!

LOL 

It's finally on it's way though.

 

 I probably wouldn't have ordered it from MVO if weren't for the few of you earlier in this thread that had done it successfully.

Yeah, they are fine to deal with. I think mine took about 10 days or so. 

Link to comment
On 2/20/2019 at 6:26 AM, Sarge said:

Yeah, they are fine to deal with. I think mine took about 10 days or so. 

I ordered mine from MVO on the 15th and it got here today the 21st.  PA to AZ in 6 days via snail mail with Monday being Presidents day.  Works for me.

Link to comment
On 2/19/2019 at 5:32 AM, Bwillis said:

Shooters connection is $256 plus shipping. They have great customer service, fast shipping or you can use a place I won’t mention that has a terrible bbb rating and no phone number. I prefer my 510 over my mro and the cmore I had. The only downside I’ve found with the 510 is in wet conditions the diode can get water on it causing a starburst. There are a lot of positives huge window, small window frame, brightness, battery life, changing reticle is a breeze, the mount that comes on it is nice. Take the plunge you won’t regret it.   

 

That's where I got mine. Support those who support us. 2 day FedEx was like $11. 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, optimator said:

 

That's where I got mine. Support those who support us. 2 day FedEx was like $11. 

 

I agree support forum vendors or ppl in the ee. I’ve called sc with questions about products/problems multiple times they always answered my questions and were polite. I’ll pay more for knowing if I have an issue they will answer the phone and remedy the situation.  

Link to comment

Just got the 510c today, and it's on the gun.

 

 I like it!

 much less distortion from my astigmatism than compared to my Vortex Razor.

 

The nice part about having your laser zeroed at the exact same distance, is you dont need to fire a single shot to install and zero the new optic.

 

Just point it down the hall and overlap the two, and you are done!

 

How many of you are not running the hood to save the weight?

The hood and 4 screws are 1.2 oz. I think I will run it for now

 

Edited by Startingover
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Startingover said:

Just got the 510c today, and it's on the gun.

 

 I like it!

 much less distortion from my astigmatism than compared to my Vortex Razor.

 

The nice part about having your laser zeroed at the exact same distance, is you dont need to fire a single shot to install and zero the new optic.

 

Just point it down the hall and overlap the two, and you are done!

 

How many of you are not running the hood to save the weight?

The hood and 4 screws are 1.2 oz. I think I will run it for now

 

 

I use the hood on both of mine. 

 

17 minutes ago, TNREDNECK said:

I love mine got it on sale at primary arms, great service and fast shipping . I wish I knew someone with a green one wondering if it helps older eyes. 

 

 30 year old eyes I see the green from my laser before or without noticing the red on my 510. (Looking thru the sight) 

Edited by Bwillis
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...