Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC red dot. Which one?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MoRivera said:

I would say buy once, cry once.  Unless you're looking for something more compact or a larger moa main dot. It's a very good optic that's super quick to line up, but kind of bulky if you're looking to save as many ounces as you can.

I have a few guns that need optics right now.

Plus I am pretty happy with the Vortex Razor I am currently using.

So I can justify a $150 H403 or Sparc type sight for one of the other guns.

Otherwise I am soending $100 more and getting the H510c and then shuffling stuff around.

It's tough choice because I just have too many different gun builds half done.

12 minutes ago, Startingover said:

I have a few guns that need optics right now.

Plus I am pretty happy with the Vortex Razor I am currently using.

So I can justify a $150 H403 or Sparc type sight for one of the other guns.

Otherwise I am soending $100 more and getting the H510c and then shuffling stuff around.

It's tough choice because I just have too many different gun builds half done.

Oh I hear ya'...with my PCC uppers and rifle, and a .22 and now an optics-milled CZ Shadow slide incoming....I'm juggling them around as well.  I'm trying to dedicate optics that I don't have to detach and re-zero, but don't want to lose my shirt doing it.

One of the 'affordable' ones I have is the new Bushnell TRS-26.  Essentially a poor-man's Trijicon MRO, but it's held up fine.  Larger window than the T1/Holosun mini dots, but it does have the battery case on top.

Edited by MoRivera
27 minutes ago, ABQautoxer said:

Just bought one. $220 out the door with shipping.  Should have it in about a week.  If there are problems I'll let you know.

Excited for this weekend to try out 510c greed dot for the first time. I shot with a 503c last season and was very satisfied with it. 

The glass difference between 503c and 510c is like playing PUBG on a 32" panel (from a 24") for the first time; window is much bigger! I don't know how I feel yet whether I like the greed dot more than the red or they are just about the same, we shall see. 

p3293623338-4.jpg

Sportsman's warehouse here carries the red and green so you can back to back. Inside the store, I much preferred the red. Disclaimer, I'm red-green colorblind so that could factor in. That said, when I compare red to green lasers, I much prefer green for visibility.

2 hours ago, ABQautoxer said:

Ok

You win!

LOL 

I did it!

I'm another Holosun 510C proponent.  Mine are red.  I find that easier to pick up against a foliage covered berm than a green circle-dot.  In Florida, most of our side berms are cloaked in heavy ground cover and even the rear berms are often green.  I also feel the red offers a greater contrast than the green on cardboard and white painted poppers and plates.  YMMV.

46 minutes ago, gnhowell1 said:

If you haven't taken the battery out, wiped down the inside, then put it back in, try that.  Worked for one of mine which was an early version.

Mine is new as of November or so... but will try.

1 hour ago, Startingover said:

Those of you using the Holosun 510c, are you running the extra riser?

I'm running a 1" riser, seems to put the sight right where I need it to break the first shot quickly.

44 minutes ago, pbc44 said:

I'm running a 1" riser, seems to put the sight right where I need it to break the first shot quickly.

You have the 510c on top of a 1" riser?

That seems like it would be very high.

I think I use a 1/2" riser for my Burris FF 3, and a Rex riser with the extra plate with my Vortex Razor.

I need to go measure mine now.