Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC red dot. Which one?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MoRivera said:

I would say buy once, cry once.  Unless you're looking for something more compact or a larger moa main dot. It's a very good optic that's super quick to line up, but kind of bulky if you're looking to save as many ounces as you can.

I have a few guns that need optics right now.

Plus I am pretty happy with the Vortex Razor I am currently using.

So I can justify a $150 H403 or Sparc type sight for one of the other guns.

Otherwise I am soending $100 more and getting the H510c and then shuffling stuff around.

It's tough choice because I just have too many different gun builds half done.

12 minutes ago, Startingover said:

I have a few guns that need optics right now.

Plus I am pretty happy with the Vortex Razor I am currently using.

So I can justify a $150 H403 or Sparc type sight for one of the other guns.

Otherwise I am soending $100 more and getting the H510c and then shuffling stuff around.

It's tough choice because I just have too many different gun builds half done.

Oh I hear ya'...with my PCC uppers and rifle, and a .22 and now an optics-milled CZ Shadow slide incoming....I'm juggling them around as well.  I'm trying to dedicate optics that I don't have to detach and re-zero, but don't want to lose my shirt doing it.

One of the 'affordable' ones I have is the new Bushnell TRS-26.  Essentially a poor-man's Trijicon MRO, but it's held up fine.  Larger window than the T1/Holosun mini dots, but it does have the battery case on top.

Edited by MoRivera
27 minutes ago, ABQautoxer said:

Just bought one. $220 out the door with shipping.  Should have it in about a week.  If there are problems I'll let you know.

Excited for this weekend to try out 510c greed dot for the first time. I shot with a 503c last season and was very satisfied with it. 

The glass difference between 503c and 510c is like playing PUBG on a 32" panel (from a 24") for the first time; window is much bigger! I don't know how I feel yet whether I like the greed dot more than the red or they are just about the same, we shall see. 

p3293623338-4.jpg

Sportsman's warehouse here carries the red and green so you can back to back. Inside the store, I much preferred the red. Disclaimer, I'm red-green colorblind so that could factor in. That said, when I compare red to green lasers, I much prefer green for visibility.

I'm another Holosun 510C proponent.  Mine are red.  I find that easier to pick up against a foliage covered berm than a green circle-dot.  In Florida, most of our side berms are cloaked in heavy ground cover and even the rear berms are often green.  I also feel the red offers a greater contrast than the green on cardboard and white painted poppers and plates.  YMMV.

44 minutes ago, pbc44 said:

I'm running a 1" riser, seems to put the sight right where I need it to break the first shot quickly.

You have the 510c on top of a 1" riser?

That seems like it would be very high.

I think I use a 1/2" riser for my Burris FF 3, and a Rex riser with the extra plate with my Vortex Razor.

I need to go measure mine now.