Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC red dot. Which one?

I just went back through this whole thing.

I need another optic, but I still dont know what I want to do.

I am definitely leaning towards putting a Holosun 510c, on my main gun, then shuffling all my other optic around.

But on the other hand, I am considering just buying a cheaper one and slap it directly on the new back-up gun, and leaving everything else alone.

I am pretty happy with the Vortex Razor I am running now.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Startingover said:

I just went back through this whole thing.

I need another optic, but I still dont know what I want to do.

I am definitely leaning towards putting a Holosun 510c, on my main gun, then shuffling all my other optic around.

But on the other hand, I am considering just buying a cheaper one and slap it directly on the new back-up gun, and leaving everything else alone.

I am pretty happy with the Vortex Razor I am running now.

I would tell you to consider the new Kahles Helia Red Dot...I saw it at Shot show and was seriously impressed!  Great eyebox, small, lightweight, etc. 

33 minutes ago, Halo09 said:

I would tell you to consider the new Kahles Helia Red Dot...I saw it at Shot show and was seriously impressed!  Great eyebox, small, lightweight, etc. 

Eyebox on a red dot?

Just another rds and until reliability is proven, I wouldn’t buy it for twice what you can get 510c for. 

3 hours ago, HoMiE said:

Eyebox on a red dot?

Just another rds and until reliability is proven, I wouldn’t buy it for twice what you can get 510c for. 

Yes...eyebox, not like a traditional scope, but the tunnel effect that go along with a lot of the traditional red dots.  I'll agree, the price and the size of the 510 is very nice.  The Kahles looks similar to a C-More, but made more compact and smaller than the 510 overall.  With the name Kahles and owned by Swaro, reliability won't be a concern for me.  The price I'm finding them for are $399...so, $100 more than the normal price on 510c.  That's why we love options :)

If I could get a green 510 with a 6 min dot I would be soooo happy. For the times that I find the dot and circle are too busy the 2 min dot by itself is just too small for old eyes. The 510 with a 6 min dot would be very versatile for me.

49 minutes ago, Gregg K said:

If I could get a green 510 with a 6 min dot I would be soooo happy. For the times that I find the dot and circle are too busy the 2 min dot by itself is just too small for old eyes. The 510 with a 6 min dot would be very versatile for me.

That would be ideal.  I had heard from a few people that they were trying to do a green outer ring with a red dot in the middle, or vice versa, but there were too many variables.  I saw a competitor running 2 optics, one in front of the other to get the same effect for testing.  

10 minutes ago, Gregg K said:

I guess there is some comfort knowing that I'm not alone. I would be comforted a lot more if someone like Holosun would make the optic. 🙂

The idea of stacking optics is interesting.

It was a holosun competitor that had them stacked 😉  I have most of my experience behind a 2 MOA single dot and just recently started playing with a 6 MOA C-More...so I'm still trying to see which one is faster for me to focus.  

I run a 403b which only has the dot reticle.  I won't lie... for the price holosun is really nice.  I've never had any problems with it and the quality and finish are fine as well.  Ran the 403b for an entire year and never changed the battery. 

Reason for the 403 over others is because of the tube.  The battery is housed in a slide out tray in the base of the sight, meaning that the tube is thinner than some of the competition not having a battery housing mounted on the side of the tube.  In the future I definitely want to experiment with the 510 not for the circle but for the larger window.  Also... green

6 hours ago, optimator said:

I just picked up a 510c from Shooters Connection for $256

How was the shipping?

Because I have seen that price there, and want one for my primary gun.

But I am also thinking I should spend 100 less buying something cheaper, and put it on my back-up gun, and use the 100 to pay for the Blitzkrieg.

Edited by Startingover
56 minutes ago, Startingover said:

How was the shipping?

But I am also thinking I should spend 100 less buying something cheaper, and put it on my back-up gun, and use the 100 to pay for the Blitzkrieg.

$11 and change for FedEx 2 day.

4 hours ago, Startingover said:

How was the shipping?

I would say buy once, cry once.  Unless you're looking for something more compact or a larger moa main dot. It's a very good optic that's super quick to line up, but kind of bulky if you're looking to save as many ounces as you can.

8 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

Wow....can't imagine that thing on a pistol!

When you take off the metal shroud and the Picatinny rail mount the scope weighs about the same as the metal CMore.  Go to:  TevoSports.com

Edited by pbc44