Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC red dot. Which one?

13 hours ago, Bwillis said:

I use the hood on both of mine. 

30 year old eyes I see the green from my laser before or without noticing the red on my 510. (Looking thru the sight) 

Is that even against a green foliage background that’s my concern, our berms are covered with grass and I was afraid my eyes would not pick up targets ?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TNREDNECK said:

Is that even against a green foliage background that’s my concern, our berms are covered with grass and I was afraid my eyes would not pick up targets ?

Yes, I tried to take a picture to show you but it didn’t turn out good. 

16 hours ago, Startingover said:

How many of you are not running the hood to save the weight?

The hood and 4 screws are 1.2 oz. I think I will run it for now

I took the hood off of mine when I had it on my PCC and it does give a cleaner sight picture. I ended up pulling 510c off and going back to my C-More as it wasn't tall enough for my liking, even with the riser installed. 

On 2/23/2019 at 4:33 PM, tha1000 said:

I filled out the warranty request form for Holosun. Haven’t heard a word back in over a week. 

Submitted again yesterday.  Going to probably have to buy another dot due to upcoming class and matches....

50 minutes ago, ABQautoxer said:

Why not call them? I would.

I just havent had time... plus if they want you to file the claim online, then they should care enough to respond when people do.  This is a customer service issue, regardless of whether I call or not.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:18 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: The two best ones I like are the standard C-More with a 6MOA dot and the Holosun 510C with the red dot. I give the slight advantage to the Holosun since it is a nice crisp 2 MOA dot. It is heavier but the weight is between your hands. Thanks, Eric

same here 

18 hours ago, tha1000 said:

Finally had a few minutes to call.  Apparently the web RMA system is crap.  Calling is the correct route if you want a response.  

I guess I got lucky with my 507C RMA.  I submitted the request of November 12, Holosun responded the next day with an RMA form.

After I returned the sight I think it took 3 weeks for the replacement to arrive.

It sucks that you went a week with no response.

4 minutes ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

I guess I got lucky with my 507C RMA.  I submitted the request of November 12, Holosun responded the next day with an RMA form.

After I returned the sight I think it took 3 weeks for the replacement to arrive.

It sucks that you went a week with no response.

It's not over yet... I was told that as soon as I submitted the form and picture via email, they would send me an RMA.  That didn't/hasn't happened yet.

37 minutes ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

good deal--forgot about that.  what's the enos code?

For the 1,000,000,000th time there is no SC code. Simply email them and tell them you are a member here and they set up special pricing on your account.

13 minutes ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

very similar to the 21,386th time you've been an ass on this forum

WOW, I need to step up my game! Thanks for the reminder.  I think the SC discount has been mentioned multiple times lately.

2 minutes ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

Max Leograndis said on facebook last night that there's a new Holosun--the 512c--coming out soon.  Supposedly weatherproof and purged.

Interesting. Hopefully it's not larger or heavier and the footprint/mounting is still the same!

On 2/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, gnhowell1 said:

My apologies for the poor quality phone pics.

Trust me when I say it's clearer than the 510 because it's sealed and purged.  3 reticle choices; 65 MOA Circle, 65 MOA Circle + 2 MOA dot, 2 MOA dot.

IMG_20190217_204713.jpg

IMG_20190217_204741.jpg

IMG_20190217_205219.jpg

IMG_20190217_210954.jpg

IMG_20190217_210945.jpg

33 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Interesting. Hopefully it's not larger or heavier and the footprint/mounting is still the same!

Page 9 ghowell has the 512 ask him