Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC red dot. Which one?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Odinworks hand guard incoming, when I switch that out I'm going to give my  C-More 6MOA a try.  Only thing is it really doesn't seem to get that bright until it hits around 3:00 on the dial and then gets super-bright, and it's a little bit lower than most lower-1/3 dots I have so I'll see how it feels.  But as far as dots go, it's the most crisp one of all my units.

6 hours ago, CalTeacher said:

Holosun 510C

I have one of those for my home defense 5.56, but I'd probably find it on the big and heavy side for a competition PCC.  I guess the big window makes up for it?  I do like it though, as I would imagine I would like an Eotech as well on a defensive gun.

Edited by MoRivera
3 hours ago, MoRivera said:

I have one of those for my home defense 5.56, but I'd probably find it on the big and heavy side for a competition PCC.  I guess the big window makes up for it?  I do like it though, as I would imagine I would like an Eotch as well on a defensive gun.

You can take the outer protective shell off.  I don’t, and don’t find it to be too big.  The large window allows great visibility and the 2moa dot is perfect imo.

1 hour ago, CalTeacher said:

You can take the outer protective shell off.  I don’t, and don’t find it to be too big.  The large window allows great visibility and the 2moa dot is perfect imo.

Yeah I was contemplating that but just keep it on.  I actually got the riser for it to bring the height up a bit to lower-1/3 level, so that's even more weight, if only a bit.  If I don't like the C-More on my PCC, I'll just go back to the Bushnell TR-26 that's on there now.  The 510C seems to have found a home on the house-AR.  Auto-motion-power-on is also a nice feature for that.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:33 PM, Tnbb33 said:

New to pcc game and looking for advice on a dot.

Which one would you recommend and why. Brand, style, moa, durability, warranty, etc. See that the reflex type sights seem to be preferred. 

Giving my experience based on the use of 4 different red dots.   I really like the Vortex Venom and here is why.  Small (which I wasn't crazy about at first) with a generous field of view and fast target acquisition with both eyes open.  3 MOA dot and 6 MOA dot if I remember correctly, I use the 3 MOA dot. Seams very durable, used it for this season and never had and issue plus it has a lifetime warranty.   The dot is easily acquired through the sight, I've had trouble with other brands locating the dots.

Sighted in my C-More and gave her a run-through yesterday.  Felt very good and reminded me why I liked it on the Ruger PC9.

IMG-1710.jpg 

CU.jpg

For some it may looked mounted very far forward, but it works well for me there as the dot is a bit sharper to my eye out there for whatever reason than farther back, and it gives me enough room for a rear backup sight.  The protective 'window' is still very unobtrusive, and peripheral is excellent.

37 minutes ago, George16 said:

Very nice setup Mo!

Which grip are you using? Is that aluminum shroud threaded and then pinned and welded to the barrel?

Yeah that compensator looking thing was pinned/welded by Taccom on their carbon fiber barrel.  I don't think it really does anything (it kinda' looks like it was made in high school machine shop), but it increases the length from 13.5" to a legal 16".  The grip on this is the BCM Gunfighter Mod 2....even with the largest backstop, it has a shorter trigger reach than a Magpul K2+ which I have on other Arms, but since the POF straight trigger's reach is farther than a mil spec shape, it's a more comfortable/natural reach with this grip.

• 1 month later...