Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp on TSO

Greengun

I followed the footsteps of a project which Kneelingatlas did few years ago of adding a small comp to a TS. What’s different is that I am adding to a TSO.

No modification has been done to the frame or slide. The SP01 slide fits naturally to the frame with a TS/TSO barrel threaded for the comp and that’s basically it.

This project is for fun as a range gun. Haven’t shot it yet but I think it’d be great. I want to thank Kneelingatalas for his guidances.

bb3d68073983b711a24f1159c986aba9.jpg

ce47d7dcd4ef3dfb1d25067d59963547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I do rather like the look of the partially in-set compensator on a full dustcover frame. Like what Atlas Gunworks has been doing on their open builds. Can we get a picture from the front to see how the comp meshes with the frame at the front?

Do you plan to keep it like that all the time or is your top end going to serve dual duty?  I've been thinking about getting another top end and doing the same thing with my other TS frame.  I have a SP01 I could use the top end from but I want to keep it production legal and making another open gun won't allow for that.

A top view. I think this comp really fits well. Though it’s designed for a tanfo it fits TS/TSO lower so well including the rails (I do had to hand fit it just a tiny bit). It slides inside the dust cover and the lower part booth allows recoil rod to travel.

My TSO comes as a .40, this new top gives me a 9mm set up that I can swap back and force anytime just use different mags.
0005edaff18dd9115602f46488a82ba1.jpg

I noticed through my pictures that the comp is not true to the bore, the front is higher than the rear. It’s clear to see that by looking at how the rail runs with the barrel.

Glad that I haven’t shot it yet as the bullet might hit the baffle. Needless to say I’ll ask for a replacement.

d2a96ff8f25fba40753532bc6fec7120.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk