Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on Slide-Glide lube

dummykid

I am wondering if there is a reason the Slide-Glide can't be used on pistol with compensation?  The Slide-Glide sounds a pretty good product until I read the production information.  If so, any recommendation on lube good for pistol with comp? 

You can run the slide glide lite on comp’d guns. It all depends on the temp you shoot in. The regular and heavy may be too much in cooler than 40 degrees F. I run the lite version until it gets too cold then I just go to a light synthetic oil. I use the heavy in glocks. 

I shoot Open all year round.  I have the most trouble when temps are in the high 20s to 30s.  I've tried lots of different lubes.  They all work, but no so well for Open guns.  The newest lube I tried is Weapon Shield.  It really works for Open.  I can go an entire match and the next practice session without relubing.  With other so called 'high performance' lubes I'd have to relube at least once during a match.  I'll note I shoot a hard chrome custom gun with a very tight slide to frame fit.

http://weaponshield.com/products.htm 

Slide Glide works real well on my PCC bolts also. I just used it through a 3 day session of about 1500 rounds on a real real real dusty range without any issue. When I get the urge, I just wipe it down and re-grease. Works fine. And it also supports Brian and this Forum! (although one tub last a pretty long time). As Jack points out, it stays put on my open gun (also hard chrome). Great product. I really don't have experience with it in real cold weather since I don't do real cold weather ;)