Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 shadow vs SP01 shadow

1911vm

75 Shadow is similar to SA frame upswept beavertail, amb safeties.

SP01 Shadow frame has longer dustcover, small checker patches on frontstrap and backstrap and light bevel of magwellshadows.thumb.jpg.20f62a389692ec01292911fecc9065f3.jpg

Ah yes I forgot about those almost worthless patches of "checkering" on the SP01.
The 75 is obviously lighter, handles like a dream.
The SP01 is heavier but handles recoil really easy. The guts are the same between them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, eerw said:

75 Shadow is similar to SA frame upswept beavertail, amb safeties.

SP01 Shadow frame has longer dustcover, small checker patches on frontstrap and backstrap and light bevel of magwellshadows.thumb.jpg.20f62a389692ec01292911fecc9065f3.jpg

just confirming making sure I understand 100% . dust cover , bevel of magwell  and  the amazing checkering are the differences. the beavertail is the same?  

I have both. The slides are the same except for markings. I liked the SP-01 version better for the longest time but now I favor the standard shadow. It just has better balance with the short dust cover. The frame doesn't really look it but the grip feels different in my hands too.

17 minutes ago, 1steelshooter said:

The frame doesn't really look it but the grip feels different in my hands too.

Can you please expend on that. By looking I see something different but cannot figure it out.  I have sp01 shadow and I love it. Was thinking about getting something different for ESP div.  And as an ex 1911 snob  when I look at 75 shadow makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Looks like SP01 and a 1911 had a baby.

I’m going through this same dilemma right now. also like the balance of the 75b but I am partial toward the upswept beavertail on the SP01. I have the baby SP01 (steel compact with rail) and the balance and grip is absolutely perfect. I want to get a full size that is equally amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Mercs said:

I’m going through this same dilemma right now, I also like the balance of the 75b but I am partial toward the upswept beavertail on the SP01. I have the baby SP01 (steel compact with rail) and the balance and grip is absolutely perfect. I want to get a full size that is equally amazing

Get a 75B SA and convert it to DA/SA :cheers:

Get a 75B SA and convert it to DA/SA :cheers:

I considered that as I’ve seen a few SA’s for sale cheap, but I want to keep it production legal and also I like the slide better on the standard. I’ve been looking at the stainless as an option. They are hard to find and I’ve never actually held one. Any thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, 1911vm said:

Can you please expend on that. By looking I see something different but cannot figure it out.  I have sp01 shadow and I love it. Was thinking about getting something different for ESP div.  And as an ex 1911 snob  when I look at 75 shadow makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Looks like SP01 and a 1911 had a baby.

I think the back strap on the sp01 shadow is just a hair flatter across the back then on the standard shadow. At least that is how it feels and looks to me. Both feel good though. Another thing my standard shadow came with plastic grips and it didn't have an extended mag release like my sp01 shadow. I had CZ Custom install the longer mag release on it.

Edited by 1steelshooter

7 hours ago, Mercs said:

I considered that as I’ve seen a few SA’s for sale cheap, but I want to keep it production legal and also I like the slide better on the standard. I’ve been looking at the stainless as an option. They are hard to find and I’ve never actually held one. Any thoughts on that?

The stainless is a good option, I had it in my head that the polished stainless has the long beavertail and the matte has the stump, but I just saw some on Google images with a matte finish and a long beavertail tail, so maybe they both do now.

Honestly I have no idea why CZ still bothers to make so many variations of the short dust cover frame and the standard 75B frame is the very worst.

The stainless is a good option, I had it in my head that the polished stainless has the long beavertail and the matte has the stump, but I just saw some on Google images with a matte finish and a long beavertail tail, so maybe they both do now.

Honestly I have no idea why CZ still bothers to make so many variations of the short dust cover frame and the standard 75B frame is the very worst.

Thanks I may go that route, I’m not in a big hurry so I’ll just keep an eye out. I can’t even look at the stubby beavertails without grimacing. The matte stainless is tricky so i guess I’ll have to ask if it has the nicey beavertail before purchasing, if I go that route

My matte stainless has the upswept beavertail.  

I've got both a 75 and an sp 01 shadow.  I love them both but the heavier frame usually wins out.  I just seem to shoot it a bit better for some reason.  

I am going to go with an SP01 Shadow, I shot one today and I have to agree it shoots better for me too

I am going to go with an SP01 Shadow, I shot one today and I have to agree it shoots better for me too

Good choice. Small expenditure of parts goes a long way if you can't swing it all at once. I've decided that after a couple hundred in parts, might as well go with the basic SP01 shadow though. And I'll have one sometime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk