Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New version of the 5” FDE 2.0

SometimesishootCs

I recently started shooting uspsa (just classified C in limited, just now getting my gamer rig set up)with my duty gun a M&P 1.0 40 longslide with the pro trigger.  I’ve been looking at getting a new gun specifically for competition for awhile since I’d like to change up a few things and I can’t with my duty gun. Well I stumbled upon this new version, the new version doesn’t have the ambi safety or the lci (two things I didn’t want). Smith and Wesson brought out the new version of the 5” 2.0 at shot show this year but there wasn’t really any mention of it that I could find besides a picture or two.  I found a good price and ordered it on Monday well it arrived today. I really like it I love the grip texture, the trigger is actually pretty good I like the reset (although i never had an issue with our M&P’s with the pro trigger) the pull is nice and crisp. I noticed a few things the 2.0 has a longer recoil spring (at least in the 5”) and a different feed ramp with a slightly different hood. The slide lock is different and slightly harder to press but not bad (although I think I will miss the auto forwarding of the 1.0). I have Dawson sights coming (Black chargers with a fiber optic front) I think I’m going to run it with the new sights for awhile before I dive any deeper into the gun since I’m the limiting factor not the gun. I should get a chance to shoot it with the new sights right before my next match next week (hopefully my new holster comes in by then) 

https://imgur.com/a/27jGS

hopefully that worked for the pics.