Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IMR 8208xbr

rondog

I just got a Dillon 650. Yea me. I have a couple of good loads for 55grn fmjbt hornadys using the 8208xbr. I am wondering if anyone has had issues, bridging and inconsistent or such, metering with the stock powder measure before I go out and get a bottle or 2 of it?  

9 hours ago, rondog said:

I just got a Dillon 650. Yea me. I have a couple of good loads for 55grn fmjbt hornadys using the 8208xbr. I am wondering if anyone has had issues, bridging and inconsistent or such, metering with the stock powder measure before I go out and get a bottle or 2 of it?  

Powder looks shorter than when I tried loading Varget, I gave up and switched to CFE 223, it may work out OK, but I would measure the first 10 and then every 5th one.  Weigh the finished bullets to see if there are any inconsistencies, that will work if you are using the same headstamp only.  

http://www.ilrc.ucf.edu/powders/sample_detail.php?powder_id=759

Picked 8208 to start off loading with, very pleased so far. Groups started to open up some past 3,000fps,but everything under did nicely, including this guy. Too light of a load for what I need, but not bad for 4 shots at 50 yards with an AR.605995461297f9fa6aac9269c9bbcb81.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

25 grains of 8208 XBR under a Sierra #1390 55 grain HPBT is just about magic in anything I've run it through from 16" carbines to 24" precision rifles.

Zero problems metering as well.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk