Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Paulie

How clean is your bench?

Wow. That's like "Apple Store meets Ikea" clean!

I like the idea of the screen mounts. Are they both connected to the wall?

Where do you hide the hose for the vacuum?

I’d peg myself as a 6.5 but would most likely be an 8 if it were not in the garage. I do use a handvac after every (and usually during) reloading session.

22 hours ago, matteekay said:

Wow. That's like "Apple Store meets Ikea" clean!

I like the idea of the screen mounts. Are they both connected to the wall?

Thanks!  the small tablet is mounted to the wall, mainly used as a camera as a "powder check".   

the MK7 tablet is mounted to the case feeder mount, which actually mounted to the wall.     so yeah>> 

the vacuum is mainly  used in trimming rifle brass.  i run PVC pipe from the vacuum to the on press trimmer. 

Thanks!  the small tablet is mounted to the wall, mainly used as a camera as a "powder check".   
the MK7 tablet is mounted to the case feeder mount, which actually mounted to the wall.     so yeah>> 

the vacuum is mainly  used in trimming rifle brass.  i run PVC pipe from the vacuum to the on press trimmer. 
I've been doing a bunch of reading on adding a powder check camera / screen - I'm thinking it's a good idea. I've squibbed with revolvers before and it's not something I really want to repeat.

I've been doing a bunch of reading on adding a powder check camera / screen - I'm thinking it's a good idea. I've squibbed with revolvers before and it's not something I really want to repeat.

On a 650?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Both times it was working up test loads, so my sequence was a little off.

10...lol.....but I separate my 9 mm by headstamp, so I’m a little OCD....bad example......

Mine is like a 5. It is a catch all when I'm not reloading. Even when I'm reloading it gets dirty from spent primers, spilled powder, and odd cases I find in my container's of brass. I wish I had a bigger reloading area so I could keep the bench a lot cleaner. 

5 for me - the reloading stuff stays clean but there always seems to be something  that finds its way onto the bench that doesn’t belong. 

My reloading area is in my workshop, which is also my workspace for doing all repairs at home, including car repairs. Whenever I’m going to reload I tidy up the bench and the work area around it, including removing the a vise that is next to my 650XL.
After the reloading session, I clean the 650XL, pick up all spent primers that fell to the floor, dust around the machine and put the cover on.
During reloading is about a 7, but between is a 2.5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My reloading bench isn't cluttered. I just have a lot of my reloading stuff on display. 

10 hours ago, BaggerJoe said:

My reloading bench isn't cluttered. I just have a lot of my reloading stuff on display. 

Exactly what i was thinking.  

Probably a 4. I had a shot mishap, thought the bottle was capped, it wasn't. Flipped it over... Connect the dots. Still haven't gotten it all... The stuff is like glitter.

I believe it was Einstein that said the mark of an intelligent person is a messy desk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Right now mine is cluttered in the best way possible. 

20180412_211616-756x1008.jpg

Adamj.  That is an impressive picture. Looks like a little work hen some fun in your future. 

On 6/8/2018 at 4:00 PM, Scott Steele said:

Mines stays a 7.5.
IMG_5307.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive! 

On 6/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, Rustygun said:

Adamj.  That is an impressive picture. Looks like a little work hen some fun in your future. 

Rusty. It was a lot of work, but 3750 rounds and a sore shoulder later I'm set for quite a while. 

Edited by Adamj