Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How clean is your bench?

Paulie

22 hours ago, matteekay said:

Wow. That's like "Apple Store meets Ikea" clean!

I like the idea of the screen mounts. Are they both connected to the wall?

Thanks!  the small tablet is mounted to the wall, mainly used as a camera as a "powder check".   

the MK7 tablet is mounted to the case feeder mount, which actually mounted to the wall.     so yeah>> 

the vacuum is mainly  used in trimming rifle brass.  i run PVC pipe from the vacuum to the on press trimmer. 

Thanks!  the small tablet is mounted to the wall, mainly used as a camera as a "powder check".   
the MK7 tablet is mounted to the case feeder mount, which actually mounted to the wall.     so yeah>> 

the vacuum is mainly  used in trimming rifle brass.  i run PVC pipe from the vacuum to the on press trimmer. 
I've been doing a bunch of reading on adding a powder check camera / screen - I'm thinking it's a good idea. I've squibbed with revolvers before and it's not something I really want to repeat.

I've been doing a bunch of reading on adding a powder check camera / screen - I'm thinking it's a good idea. I've squibbed with revolvers before and it's not something I really want to repeat.

On a 650?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is like a 5. It is a catch all when I'm not reloading. Even when I'm reloading it gets dirty from spent primers, spilled powder, and odd cases I find in my container's of brass. I wish I had a bigger reloading area so I could keep the bench a lot cleaner. 

• 2 weeks later...

My reloading area is in my workshop, which is also my workspace for doing all repairs at home, including car repairs. Whenever I’m going to reload I tidy up the bench and the work area around it, including removing the a vise that is next to my 650XL.
After the reloading session, I clean the 650XL, pick up all spent primers that fell to the floor, dust around the machine and put the cover on.
During reloading is about a 7, but between is a 2.5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Probably a 4. I had a shot mishap, thought the bottle was capped, it wasn't. Flipped it over... Connect the dots. Still haven't gotten it all... The stuff is like glitter.

I believe it was Einstein that said the mark of an intelligent person is a messy desk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 6/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, Rustygun said:

Adamj.  That is an impressive picture. Looks like a little work hen some fun in your future. 

Rusty. It was a lot of work, but 3750 rounds and a sore shoulder later I'm set for quite a while. 

Edited by Adamj