Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp Choice

191138sc

11 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

Of those two I pick the EGW, but I wouldn't use either.  For flat shooting I go with Eric Davis' stainless steel comp and for light weight it's Jared Drinkwater's titanium CFD comp

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check them out and get back with you.

3 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

Of those two I pick the EGW, but I wouldn't use either.  For flat shooting I go with Eric Davis' stainless steel comp and for light weight it's Jared Drinkwater's titanium CFD comp

I found some great info on Jared's comp. Where would I go to find info on Eric's comp? Thanks

16 minutes ago, 191138sc said:

I found some great info on Jared's comp. Where would I go to find info on Eric's comp? Thanks

He doesn't have a website, but he's a member of this forum (aircooled6racer), and his comp looks like this:

IMG_20160603_160810.thumb.jpg.4e4bc1e68601882b71159d9711f97c43.jpg

I have a spare one for a 2011 bull barrel if you're interested.

As someone who hasn’t researched... I have to say, there’s a pretty convincing video on YouTube from Akai about comps with some reasoning as to why their latest gen comps are working for them.

25 minutes ago, bigbob21 said:

As someone who hasn’t researched... I have to say, there’s a pretty convincing video on YouTube from Akai about comps with some reasoning as to why their latest gen comps are working for them.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Cone comps have less reciprocating mass than a bull barrel and comp.  Surprisingly so.  I would recommend a separate cone and a comp.  That gives you the flexibility to use any comp design you want.