Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 MOS Competition adjustable sights

JPORTER72

If you’re reloading and tuning loads, you may want to consider a rear adjustable sight from either Taran Tactical or Dawson Precision. I just purchased a Dawson Precision adjustable rear sight for my Glock after running Trijicon HDs for a couple of years and have ZERO regrets. The Dawson set was even cheaper than the HD’s and just love that front finer optic sight. The Trijicon HD’s will simply move to another carry gun.

• 3 weeks later...

Just about anybody's adjustable sights are going to hang off the back of the gun horribly.  Remember, this is an MOS gun, so the rear dovetail is right on the back of the slide.  Anything bigger than the Glock fixed sight will hang off, even Warren Tacticals, Heinie's, etc.  If you can handle that, fine.  If not, stay with Trijicons or something of a similar profile.

• 2 weeks later...

Dawson. I run them on both my 34 and 35. Very happy with them. I don’t think you’ll regret adjustable rear, though. Didn’t need it with my 35 but my 34 hits a tad low for my liking. Gonna upgrade the rear on that one.

Just about anybody's adjustable sights are going to hang off the back of the gun horribly.  Remember, this is an MOS gun, so the rear dovetail is right on the back of the slide.

Pay attention to this. I like Dawson adjustable rears but would not want it hanging off more than they do already on non-MOS models.

It sounds like I would go fixed for an MOS and just use his warranty if needed to get the correct front sight height for your average load.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...