Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO vs STI for limited major

Bryamill

No what I meant was in my experience each gun requires something different for reloading for it. Both of mine shot different factory ammo just fine. But a load I developed for my TS was definitely not ideal in my 2011, and vice versus. That's what I meant.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, rowdyb said:

No what I meant was in my experience each gun requires something different for reloading for it. Both of mine shot different factory ammo just fine. But a load I developed for my TS was definitely not ideal in my 2011, and vice versus. That's what I meant.

Gotcha.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, NoKimberDave said:

Ferrari's don't need "proper treatment", imo! 

Nonsense. They’re Italian. Their mechanics aren’t lacking in job security.

Speaking from experience. :D

(I understand the point you were trying to make, simply taking a moment to slide an unrelated jibe in there.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 4/13/2018 at 9:42 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Nonsense. They’re Italian. Their mechanics aren’t lacking in job security.

Speaking from experience. :D

(I understand the point you were trying to make, simply taking a moment to slide an unrelated jibe in there.)

Good point, I stand corrected!!

I have the Edge and the TSO, and I prefer the TSO for USPSA.

My Edge came from Brazo and had some issues with the factory sear. I had a local gunsmith put in the EE Lightspeed ignition group, swap out the trigger for a flat faced one, and replace the front sight that completely fell out. I also had the Edge completely cerakoted black since the factory finish of the slide to the frame do not match in black. That's a big issue I have with STI. So far I am in over $2,800 and still have the original poly grip.

If I had to do it all over again with a 2011, I would buy an Atlas or CK for limited. But since I got the TSO a few months back, I see no need to want to shoot anything else but my TSO in USPSA. It just fits me so well and for well over $1,000 less than my Edge. And let's not forget the cost of the STI mags!

On 4/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, MRevolutionIX said:

I started shooting limited division with a couple CTS’ from CZ Custom and have been shooting a couple of TSOs for the last year.  After cracking a slide on one of my CTS’, I made it a point to try and be as competitive as I could be with the TSOs with minimal modifications.  Even though I have never competed with a 2011 platform, I do not feel the TS platforms have held me back.  I win local matches and have placed well at major matches, to include winning last years Idaho Sectional, and am only getting better with them.  

If the TS platforms work for you ergonomically, I say be different and hunt the 2011s. If you like being able to change a bunch of parts to make something work better for you, the 2011 might be your best option. 

Leo doesn’t know this, but he was a very influential factor in my decision to purchase a CTS .40 from CZ Custom.  I made the purchase without ever holding or shooting a CTS.  I couldn’t be happier with it.  Custom 2011’s are nice, no doubt about it, but a TSO or CTS is half the cost of a 2011 and are just as competitive.  My CTS has run 100% since new.  5000+ rounds and not a single failure.  

If you doubt the effectiveness of a TSO or CTS watch some of Leo’s YouTube videos.  Fast and flat AF.  

Edited by nutzach
Video

23 hours ago, nutzach said:

Leo doesn’t know this, but he was a very influential factor in my decision to purchase a CTS .40 from CZ Custom.  I made the purchase without ever holding or shooting a CTS.  I couldn’t be happier with it.  Custom 2011’s are nice, no doubt about it, but a TSO or CTS is half the cost of a 2011 and are just as competitive.  My CTS has run 100% since new.  5000+ rounds and not a single failure.  

If you doubt the effectiveness of a TSO or CTS watch some of Leo’s YouTube videos.  Fast and flat AF.  

12 hours ago, cheby said:

Same here, I decided to go with TSO after I watched Leo's videos as well.

Wow!  Flattered to hear your guys’ decision was based off of some of my videos.  I am just an “Average Joe” and am very humbled by this. Thank you guys for supporting my channel. I try my best to showcase the CZ platform. 

I was once in the same boat when I wanted to get out of shooting Prod. with my Sp-01, to go the 2011 route or TSO route . Other's have said the 2011 way was the only way to be competitive in the game of USPSA , but I'm still happy I made my choice of going TSO. Leo was also another person who influenced me to go CZ route. 

I have a Shadow for production and. a couple of 2011s for limited. I’ve been able to shoot the orange in 40 and it is a real nice gun. If I was starting out again in limited I would definitely give one a try. As far as Leo’s shooting I’m sure he would be winning with a 2011 too.  I think you don’t see the oranges on the super squad is because no one is giving them away.  They are hard enough to buy.  

14 hours ago, Frank34 said:

I think you don’t see the oranges on the super squad is because no one is giving them away.  

Agreed! The TSO is an amazing gun. I love that 1.5 lb trigger pull, nothing comes close!

2 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Why are people saying they like watching Leo?  I hate it.  Doesn't make me feel good at all.

I hear you.  I stopped watching him awhile ago.  Isn’t helping my self image and confidence.  

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, skyjumper said:

Hi, Magic Talent

Did you have any problem with putting mag. in mag. well? I see the video by John from Canada doing a review of TSO and his complaint was feeding the mag. into mag. well. Did you grind down the inside of the mag. well? 

I know that I blended mine. It made a difference. I watched that video before I purchased mine.

I love both guns and think it comes down to personal preference personally I shoot an STI for Limited major have over 10k rounds of cheep factory ammo with zero issues never tuned the gun or mags and love my TS but it did need a little work out of the box you can’t go wrong either way