Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wave springs

It doesn’t have to, though. I know a few guys running guns de-stroked far enough that you cannot lock the bolt open.

My gun now requires holding down the bolt catch and then DRIVING the charging handle to the rear. It’s really snug, but it locks open if you mean it when you tell it to do so.

The recoil of the cycling bolt drives it back harder than you do, though. Before I did that it would lock open on the last shot but you couldn’t drop it with the charging handle without using two hands.

Trying to lock it open manull, it stopped well short of the bolt catch, and the bolt release was similarly hard to depres.

So I cut the wave spring down. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

^ What Memphis said...

After a good amount of experimentation, you'll figure out that short stroking the bolt will produce a flatter shooting gun and if you want to take advantage of that to its fullest potential, then you'll disable your LRBHO. I've got mine setup with a Blitzkrieg Hydraulic buffer, Sprinco white spring, and 9 or so quarters stacked on top of a H11 wavespring plus one more quarter between the top of the wavespring and the buffer. You'll have to play around with springs and shims (quarters) to fine tune everything. Type of ammo, type of BCG, type of barrel, type of spring, type of wave spring, and preferred recoil impulse are all things you can change.

Soon you'll figure out that there's no perfect combination :)

Edited by AndrewGK
On 6/25/2018 at 12:21 AM, RaylanGivens said:

Curious what you moved on to...  Blitzkrieg?

Yes the Blitz, jp 308 rifle spring and delrin spacer. I played with the wave spring in the back also. BUT*** The Blitz broke on me at a major after less than 2k rounds. They are sending me a new one but I just bought a Shooting Innovations recoil reduction buffer to try. Load is 3.2 gr TG 124gr RMR fmj 1.25 oal  

54 minutes ago, Pewpewlife said:

Yes the Blitz, jp 308 rifle spring and delrin spacer. I played with the wave spring in the back also. BUT*** The Blitz broke on me at a major after less than 2k rounds. They are sending me a new one but I just bought a Shooting Innovations recoil reduction buffer to try. Load is 3.2 gr TG 124gr RMR fmj 1.25 oal  

I believe the carbine buffer tube is too short if you try and run a wave spring with blitzkrieg 5007 buffer. I would say you need the vltor a5 or rifle length buffer tube if your going to mess with the stroke, spacers and wave springs. Or try the  308 shorter hydraulic buffer which is only like 3.4” in length. 

19 hours ago, HoMiE said:

Or try the  308 shorter hydraulic buffer which is only like 3.4” in length. 

That’s the setup I’m using.

The 5 oz Kynshot .308 carbine buffer, wave spring, and the carbine length tube.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
51 minutes ago, 10cup said:

Have to say I disagree HoMie, no disrespect of course but I have thousands of rounds through my rifle with using the stock buffer tube and no problems what ever.  Just an FYI

?blitzkrieg shoots the softest in my experience, but I carry a backup buffer 

1 hour ago, 10cup said:

Have to say I disagree HoMie, no disrespect of course but I have thousands of rounds through my rifle with using the stock buffer tube and no problems what ever.  Just an FYI

What is your total setup?  If you go over about 4" in total buffer stack, your LRBHO will not work.  The Blitz is 4" and the normal buffer is 3.25", usually used with a spacer or other things.

On 6/28/2018 at 12:18 PM, BartCarter said:

What is your total setup?  If you go over about 4" in total buffer stack, your LRBHO will not work.  The Blitz is 4" and the normal buffer is 3.25", usually used with a spacer or other things.

Blitz buffer JP 308 carbine spring .785 delrin spacer with H7 25lb wave spring and Taccom rubber end cap on the wave spring.  Since this is my competition rifle I don't want LRBHO.  Works very well and very soft shooting as well.

Have gone to a Vortex Razor 3moa red dot and saved another 3.oz in weight as well for total rifle weight.  Rifle is JP GMR-15 based.

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

Edited by 10cup