Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wave springs

I just got mine from Amazon.  $18.50 with Prime for five of them.  Two day delivery. 

I have not tried it yet.  Can someone confirm you just take out the buffer spring and buffer, insert wave spring and then reinstall the buffer and buffer spring?

3 minutes ago, 11287 said:

I just got mine from Amazon.  $18.50 with Prime for five of them.  Two day delivery. 

I have not tried it yet.  Can someone confirm you just take out the buffer spring and buffer, insert wave spring and then reinstall the buffer and buffer spring?

You will want something between the two springs.  A quarter will work or you can get more fancy and use a cut buffer stop.

Also, remember that you are also likely going to change the distance the bolt travels.  After installing the spring you will need to check the reset on the trigger.  You really need the trigger to reset before it engages the wave spring.   Some bolts require the bolt to travel further than others to reset the hammer.  It depends how the cut was done on the underside of the bolt.

My opinion isn't worth a lot, but...
I really don't think these do much as far as spring action. I cant see them getting fully compressed. I think they act more as a buffer spacer than anything.

Also, for what's it's worth... I find the the Taccom 3 stage system to work as well as and perhaps better than a blitzkrieg/Smalley combo, and for less money.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have the taccom 3 stage and it made a huge difference. I am just always playing around trying different things. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this, but I feel like my hipperfire trigger help with the recoil impulse too.  It’s like the extra springs take a little speed out of the bolt coming back. 

I have the taccom 3 stage and it made a huge difference. I am just always playing around trying different things. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this, but I feel like my hipperfire trigger help with the recoil impulse too.  It’s like the extra springs take a little speed out of the bolt coming back. 
I am as well. I recently moved to the JP 223 carbine spring in the Taccom system. It really changed single sight picture shots for me. They're crazy close.

I have the hiperfire as well. Hadn't really noticed that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 4/11/2018 at 12:37 PM, Climbhard said:

That’s 95lb spring rate versus 14lb

I'm pretty sure the 95 lb rating is 95 lbs per inch. The spec on the springs on Amazon are 25 lbs load capacity, which I think is the Smalley H spec as opposed to the M. It was a while back that I looked at it, but I purchased the 95 per inch/25 lb load capacity for my PCC and I love it. I'm just running a quarter as a spacer. 

I've been using the M11 wave spring - JP scs  -black 85% main spring - all tungsten weights. Its a nice set up if you already have the scs and want to stick with it.

I got the Smalley wave spring direct from smalley as a sample. I just told them it was for a aircraft part my company was working on lol

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2018 at 11:50 PM, Pewpewlife said:

I've been using the M11 wave spring - JP scs  -black 85% main spring - all tungsten weights. Its a nice set up if you already have the scs and want to stick with it.

I got the Smalley wave spring direct from smalley as a sample. I just told them it was for a aircraft part my company was working on lol

Are you using the JP SCS system with four weights or five weights?  I'm interested in trying the M11 wave spring on a JP SCS system...

I think Smalley has gotten wise to the free sample trick...  Would like to find a M11 on Amazon.

45 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Are you using the JP SCS system with four weights or five weights?  I'm interested in trying the M11 wave spring on a JP SCS system...

I think Smalley has gotten wise to the free sample trick...  Would like to find a M11 on Amazon.

Four weights, But I've moved on from the scs

I’m running a 95lb/in wave spring ordered off of Amazon in the back of the buffer tube with two turns cut off.

Then a kynshot .308 hydraulic buffer (5oz, standard cabine length) and Sprinco red Enhanced power buffer spring.

This is one flat shooting rifle, although it’s a CMMG Guard so it’s different from a purely blowback gun.

The wave spring is cut down to let me manually lock the bolt back, although barely.

The Guard has a longer 5.56 length bolt carrier, so I run the shorter carbine-length hyrdo buffer instead of the 9mm Blitzkrieg version

7 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’m running a 95lb/in wave spring ordered off of Amazon in the back of the buffer tube with two turns cut off.

Then a kynshot .308 hydraulic buffer (5oz, standard cabine length) and Sprinco red Enhanced power buffer spring.

This is one flat shooting rifle, although it’s a CMMG Guard so it’s different from a purely blowback gun.

The wave spring is cut down to let me manually lock the bolt back, although barely.

The Guard has a longer 5.56 length bolt carrier, so I run the shorter carbine-length hyrdo buffer instead of the 9mm Blitzkrieg version

One of the things that's been difficult for me to figure out is how to size the wave spring and delrin spacer lengths properly in these multiple piece "managed" buffer systems...  It just dawned on me while reading your reply...  The maximum length of all the spacers and springs still has to allow the bolt to lock back...  That's the governing factor.

Thanks for sharing the details on your buffer system.