Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
JunotFranco

Shadow 2 holster

So I pulled the trigger and bought a Shadow 2 blue, curious what holsters are you guys using for Production with it.

Bladetech. Right now I have a CR Speed C Bax hanger, but I think the rod digs into my leg too much. I should probably buy a Ben Stoeger BOSS hanger instead.

DAA PDR 2, works for multiple guns also

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Check out red hill tactical. He does awesome holsters and believe he makes a dropped offset hanger similar to the boss hanger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Bladetech. Right now I have a CR Speed C Bax hanger, but I think the rod digs into my leg too much. I should probably buy a Ben Stoeger BOSS hanger instead.

My vote goes to Red Hill Tactical. As for the CR Speed hanger, I also run that hanger and I cut the rod once I got the height adjusted where I wanted it. 

5 hours ago, MRevolutionIX said:

My vote goes to Red Hill Tactical. As for the CR Speed hanger, I also run that hanger and I cut the rod once I got the height adjusted where I wanted it. 

I thought about doing that, but I think the rod is there to keep it from rotating inward because there is still some flex in the belt, so I left it. 

I tried the RHT; too loose of a fit.  Now have a BladeTech with the BOSS hanger.  Diggin' it!

27 minutes ago, WxGuy said:

I tried the RHT; too loose of a fit.  Now have a BladeTech with the BOSS hanger.  Diggin' it!

Same reasons & same result.

But; on impulse I bought a single layer RHT just for open carry when I'm mushroom hunting & such. The rht competition holsters I had used were double layer. The single layer is an excellent fit & the tightness adjustments work better with it. The double layers can look the best but functionally the only person who would ever benefit from more material strength than the single is maybe the Incredible Hulk if he had a really nasty hitch in his draw stroke. So that is how I would go if starting from scratch, that is making the assumption that it is easier to produce a consistent fit with 1 layer, could just be a fluke. 

All good answers... now Inhave more questions than answers lol nah just kidding, I will check RHT.  I would love to find something like a Bravo concealment OWB for my P07 as well.  Does anyone make something like that? is the Vedder one any good?

I have a Blade-Tech at the moment, but waiting for a Red Hill to come in. The Blade-Tech works great, but the Red Hill is awesome.

I bought a Red Hill double layer and run it on one of my hangers.  The double layer is ver stiff.

I've got a comp-tac I'm currently using it as it came. Belt mount, no drop or off set. Works great. Also have blade tech but haven't used it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk