Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 priming system “switch”

I just picked one up (last week) on EBay from snoshooze (Mark Richardson ... a member on this forum) and I gotta say IMHO ... this is one of the best modifications I have made to my 650.

I used to slide a little shoe under the primer arm to stop the primers ... but ... this thing ... heck ... you just snap it forward or backward. 

When I start a fresh run I don't operated it until the first piece of brass is under the resizing die ... has really cut down on the number of primers sitting in the ski jump parking lot at end-batch cleanup.

This one (from the OP) looks like it will get the job done too w/o any drama. :bow:

I used to hate to put that little shoe in and take it out ... worse than trying to get a hold of shell plate pins. 

On 4/5/2018 at 8:56 AM, michael.flitcraft said:

I just unbolt the cam. Takes 5 seconds, impossible to put back on backwards.

Why unbolt? Anytime you dont want a primer fed, just lift the metal ratcheting arm upward until it’s clear of the primer wheel with your fingertip.

No need to unbolt anything, or 3D print things.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:45 AM, stick said:

I love this thing! I know I can JUST unbolt it but after 100s of times of having a indexing issue, this is worth the money to me!