Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

baseline times for per class

nutzach

On 4/4/2018 at 12:40 PM, B_RAD said:

If your time on the first string was 4.54 and the timer shows 4.38, that app is worthless.  

I’ve tried the app he used. It’s pretty worthless. Often it’d miss two or three shots on el prez and give you a 1.36 split or something between shots 2 and 6.

And the overall time was usually off.

You can go in and manually set a point for each shot, sliding it to the correct spot. But human error still comes into play.

Not worth the effort.

9 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

Well, after we had been talking about all this classifier I decided to set it up for our club match today. Shot a 11.22HF, 99.7%. Drew to the top targets, then sped up through the string. I would have shot like a 106% but had the gnarliest trigger freeze of my life on the very last shot haha. 4.99, -4.

I reshot it with my production gun afterwards and drew to the bottom, shot a 5.49. So I don't think it really makes a difference. Pretty sure half a second is just the difference between irons and a dot.

Sweet. My match was canceled due to weather. 

On the to row, did you aim at the heads or center of available brown?

Edited by B_RAD

Like I said above, I aimed for the lower A zone with my open gun, and the heads with the production gun. I think that was the safest course of action for me

12 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:
1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

Like I said above, I aimed for the lower A zone with my open gun, and the heads with the production gun. I think that was the safest course of action for me

Gotcha. 

This classifier makes you go for the head box. Yeah you have less chance of a miss if you go for available brown but you gonna get all C's that way. 

Gotcha. 

This classifier makes you go for the head box. Yeah you have less chance of a miss if you go for available brown but you gonna get all C's that way. 
No, that's what I'm saying. With the open gun I am perfectly confident shooting the lower A zone at speed. I think I was only down 2 on the upper targets. If I shot irons more than a couple times a year I would likely have done it as well with my prod rig.