Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Irons Shotgun Capacity

I've googled all over, and I am getting mixed responses... I know it varies organization to organization, but is there a limit to shotgun capacity in tac irons AFTER the buzzer has gone off?

Looking to build my first shotgun, and I was recommended to go 8+1 by MOA because Tac Irons is limited to this, but I was under the impression that this is only the start.

No single answer unless you ONLY shoot matches under ONE ruleset.

3GUN has an answer.

"Horner" matches have a different answer.

Others have other answers...

Building it with a base capacity of 8+1 and having an extra extension to add +4 to the tube is a solid plan to cover various rulesets.

10 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Gotcha. I was just recommended to go with a +10 tube w/ a +2 extension and -2 filler which seems to be the best option.

That's a solid plan that should cover you in most rule sets.  If I was going to build a new shotgun or rebuild my current one, that's how I'd do it.

• 5 months later...

Depends on the match, mostly, that's a no. 

On that note, I would like to see more 8+1 required matches. What is the point of only ever starting with 8 if we can just have a 12 round tube anyways? It makes open tube guns that much more worthless

• 2 weeks later...

the comps ive been in fall under uspsa so tac was 10 round total in the gun no matter what the start condition was. I noticed having the ability to load 10 is great and having a 12 tube you can stuff another couple in after the timer beeps, my new shotgun my goal is a +11 tube for this exact purpose 

On 9/20/2018 at 8:27 AM, greerstyl said:

the comps ive been in fall under uspsa so tac was 10 round total in the gun no matter what the start condition was. I noticed having the ability to load 10 is great and having a 12 tube you can stuff another couple in after the timer beeps, my new shotgun my goal is a +11 tube for this exact purpose 

USPSA Multigun states no more than 9 at the start. Whatever you want once the buzzer goes off. 

USPSA Multigun states no more than 9 at the start. Whatever you want once the buzzer goes off. 

This is true I made a mistake here. So the 10 tube is what makes sense to stuff 2 on the buzzer. For some reason 10 was in my brain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk