Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 mm bullet puller

metalicat30

11 hours ago, metalicat30 said:

Which collet puller are you using if you dont mind ?

RCBS, got it off Amazon, using it on a basic Lee Breech lock press. I also have the "hammer", but found that the collet puller is the best way - and i do not screw up a lot, but like ease and convenience of the collet when I do. This grip and pull was my first, and I do not find it very easy to use.

I also prefer the hornady camlock over the hammer even with just the occasional screw up. I just pull my fcd die in my lnl and throw the cam lock puller in that position.  I only load 9mm so its already adjusted. 

I've tried a RCBS and Hornady lock versions for 9 and 45.  To me, the Grip-n-Pull on a single stage works best.  The holes are at a slight angle, so if they are seated a little deep or a little tight, flip the handle over and it will bite into the bullet more.  

Which Loader do you have?

1. I had a Lee simgle and a Turret and I cold not get enough reach for that specific puller to work.

2. I reached out to the manufacturer and never got a response back. Not a peep.

I eventually gave it away in disgust as it was useless for me.

I have a lee turret. I also reached out to the manufacturer and received the same response....zero. I guess the writings on the wall....use a collet puller. Its a shame as it seems like it works like a champ if you watch the video...oh well

51 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Looks like it would be a lot faster than the hammer puller I have had the past 20 years    :) 

Yeah the hammer puller has a place but this collet puller is sweet when you have a small stack to dismantle.