Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Flashlight under $100?

Wrathen

I’ve been wanting to pick up a good EDC flashlight under $100 to carry daily. I was thinking maybe the Streamlight 2L-X, but open to other recommendations. 

It must have a back toggle button and fit it a back pocket. I would like a few light modes. Minimum of 500 lumins. 

Thank you in advance

Edited by Wrathen

I have been using streamlight for about 10 years. I have a 35 lumen 1AAA pocket light that is used literally every single day for the past 6 years. Perfect for daily tasks like checking pupilary response. 

I recently bought (about 2 years ago) a Streamlight 1L, it runs about 100 lumens on one AA battery and about 350 in the rechargeable 18650. it’s very bright and suitable for outdoor use on the homestead. 

Streamlight works for me. I don’t think you will be disappointed if you go that route. 

• 1 month later...

Fenix pd35 on high is 1000 lumens for like 65 bucks I think. For a smaller light i like the streamlight stylist pro, bout the size of a sharper and decent enough light if you aren't aiming to blind someone with it. And they are like 30 bucks

Go to the Fenix website and join their “club” (ie, mailing list) and they will immediately give you a coupon, free shipping, and deal updates.  I just bought another PD25 (multimode single battery at 550 legit lumens) for something like $46 out the door with a rechargeable battery included and promise you won’t find a better flashlight for EDC or any other purpose.  I’ve got an older 200 lumen PD25 on a weapon mount for my carbine, and when I get my 300blk built, that will get a new PD25.  So, yeah, I recommend the PD25!!!

Edited by jkrispies