Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sti and sps polymer grip

jimbullet

I have an STI Edge and wanting to change the polymer grip. There is none local where I am at and the SPS grips are a lot cheaper.

Has anyone tried to use SPS grips on an STI while maintaining the same STI parts such as leaf spring, MSH, trigger, mag release?

Does the fit - fit perfectly? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Has anyone actually ground down the grip to fit a magwell? Im considering doing this and also to practice stippling on the stock SPS grip. Being new to the platform is there anything/areas I need to pay close attention to? If I mess up then Id be in he same boat of having to buy a new grip anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Bmeehan19 said:

Has anyone actually ground down the grip to fit a magwell? Im considering doing this and also to practice stippling on the stock SPS grip. Being new to the platform is there anything/areas I need to pay close attention to? If I mess up then Id be in he same boat of having to buy a new grip anyway. 

When it comes to stippling, I don't know about the sps grip, but the sti grips are pretty thin in the front corners if that makes sense. So don't go to deep, or take to much off in those area's.

Great!  Thanks. Those were the areas I was gonna put some time in on!  That would have sucked!

27 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

When it comes to stippling, I don't know about the sps grip, but the sti grips are pretty thin in the front corners if that makes sense. So don't go to deep, or take to much off in those area's.

6 hours ago, Bmeehan19 said:

I would like to onos this too. I want to put a Dawson magwell on my sps, but don’t want to buy a new grip just yet. I bet it could be done, cutting off the Magwell. Maybe I’ll try it when I actually have the money for a new grip. That way if I ruin it I can just buy the new one. 

• 3 weeks later...