Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Build A Winning PCC.....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, CalTeacher said:

Give a GM a choice and they wouldn't build your gun.

How would you know this? Are you a GM? My guess is you're working as hard as you can to get out of D class, but failing.

Regardless. They work, and work well.

22 minutes ago, MikieM said:

Give a GM any one of my four guns and he can win with it.

Um... yeah. Isn't that the point? A GM skilled shooter can run almost anything proficiently enough to win. 

I bet either of my 2 rifles, which are nothing at all like your "perfect build", in the hands of a GM could fair the same. 

6 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

Um... yeah. Isn't that the point? A GM skilled shooter can run almost anything proficiently enough to win. 

I bet either of my 2 rifles, which are nothing at all like your "perfect build", in the hands of a GM could fair the same. 

I agree with you. There's more than one way get it done.

By-the-way, "perfect build" are your words. Not mine.

Oh, there was plenty of sarcasm when I first posted this thing, that's for sure. People were aghast. It was like I had committed a sacrilege. Imagine the audacity this guy's showing by telling us how to build a PCC. Well, audacious maybe, but gutsy was more like it. As you can see it went against the grain of many here and there was no hesitation in their letting me know.

But, if you go through this entire thread you'll see that there was a fair number of folks who appreciated the suggestions I made, and for me that was remuneration enough.

The truth is I don't really give a hoot, one way or the other. I have long since sold the four guns, and don't even compete in the division any more.

So I guess the laughs on you. :roflol:

43 minutes ago, MikieM said:

How would you know this? Are you a GM? My guess is you're working as hard as you can to get out of D class, but failing.

Regardless. They work, and work well.

Yes I’m a GM.

I wouldn’t  run your gun if I had the choice.

• 10 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 6:46 PM, dmshozer1 said:

Old trick but it works,

Hold the muzzle about 1 to 2inches away from a paper uspsa target.

Fire a round.

If the target has a lot of stipeling and a big hole, the comp is not working very well.

Most if not all of the gas is coming out the front of the comp and not out of the vents.

If after shooting, there is a nice round hole and almost no stipeling the comp is working.

The gas is coming out the vents, not out of the front.

It works.

Interesting! Thanks for the tip, this is the first time I heard this trick and I would definitely try it when i go to the range. This should works in any guns with comp, right? Like an Open gun? Thanks again for the tip!

On 4/1/2018 at 2:08 PM, MikieM said:

Recoil systems are not recommended. For one, they don't work. For any system that is designed to mitigate recoil successfully it must work while the bolt/buffer is traveling in both directions. Those you listed do not.

With the correct bolt/buffer weight mated to the correct spring, nothing else is required.

Yeah... Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you right there. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2018 at 9:04 AM, Bummy425 said:

And then there are those of us that prefer the MPX platform. Life is all about choices...to each his own!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I too love the MPX. In terms of a build though, what exactly is the difference. Like what would the parts list be for that?  This parts list is excellent. It outlines all of the parts you need. He just used specifics as to what he ordered. But what would be the parts needed for an MPX. Can you or someone help with that?

Thanks