Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Tanfoglio Witness Match Ejector cleaning

Looking for instruction for disassembly and cleaning. Im having some failure to food issues with the rounds nosing upwards and was told to try cleaning the ejector. The mags are working fine with new Grams springs. I just went thru the whole mag testing process with Grams to insure that wasnt the issue Any advice is much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I worked through this issue and found that it was due to the OAL of my handloads.  I seated bullets to the SAAMI specification, which works with round-nosed bullets; however, I was shooting hollow points and FMJ flat points.  The magazine was sized to provide very little clearance for ammunition loaded to SAAMI maximum OAL, and the rounds would tend to cock a bit and jam momentarily; this resulted in misfeeds.  Try seating 0.020" or 0.030" shorter than maximum and see if the problem disappears.

Another thing to check is that the top coil of the magazine spring should be at the front of the magazine; that will apply pressure at the front of the cartridge and prevent it from tipping nose-down.  That little problem with my AR-15 drove me crazy for months, although in that application the top coils needs to be at the back.