Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor 1-6 issues

farinx

Last week I noticed that the red dot on my razor started flickering a bit on setting 11 during dryfire.  The battery was getting old so I figured it was time to change it out.  I put in a new battery and the problem disappeared.  Today I was out practicing and noticed that the dot (on setting 11) started to flicker during recoil, and would get dimmer than it normally was.  There isn't an issue on any of the other settings.  Sometimes I can make the dot flicker by just touching the brightness knob.  Has anyone had this issue before or heard of it happening?

7 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Sounds like battery is not making full contact.

Have you tried wiping the battery and the contact point in the scope ?

Tightening the screw cover ?

The battery and compartment are clean - I tried 3 different batteries (multiple brands).  The screw cover feels tight.  Not sure I want to tighten it any more.  

• 1 month later...

Intead of cranking on the cover and possibly stripping it like you are concerned with you can add a piece of tape or a couple to put more pressure on the battery.  First check for yourself the battery tabs when you seat the battery laying on its side with a straight edge.  The contact tabs might just have been bent down over time and not have sprung up like when new.  Sometimes just a light lift of each enough for it to be set higher once tension is off it.

You can ask Vortex support first and see what they say just to CYA yourself.