Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Giruad tri way vs little crow creek trimmer?

Anyone have experience with both?

Im using the LCC trimmer and ljke it a lot, but still have to deburr the case mouth. It looks like the Giruad does this at the same time as trimming to length. Curious as to how well it works overall and the longevity of the blades.

Thanks

The tri-way blades have a very long life, and if they are like the large trimmer blades, have 3 cutting sides. I've trimmed in excess of 6000 pcs of brass and have yet to use but one cutting side. I wouldn't worry about blade life unless you're a commercial user doing in excess of 10ks a day

There is another trimmer called Trim-it that does same thing as Tri-way.  Similar design to Crow trimmer but has micrometer like adjustment of trim length and chamfers inside and outside of neck at same time as trimming.  So no need to debur afterwards. Have used mine for thousands of rounds and still on first cutting edge do carbide cutter. Don think brass is going to wear it out very fast unless as stated above you are reloading commercially. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've used both and own the giraud (trimmed about 3k WFT and 4k with Giraud). The chamfer/debur in one pass with the Giraud is worth more than the $20 price difference in the two (especially if you do any sort of high volume processing). Also, the clear plastic sleeve on the giraud contains all the shavings and keeps your workspace much cleaner than the WFT.