Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jericho 941 sight question

1911vm

On 3/29/2018 at 8:39 AM, 1911vm said:

its the new one.  but you have a question mark after your statement LOL

How did that get there :roflol:

This is the one

EAA-Witness-Elite-Match-11.jpg

Although you can get the elevation adjustment you need with a shorter front sight.  Dawson has a great selection

now from what I understand their are different generations . the new one has a different dove tail. I have not yet called DP to find out which cut they have.

and that is a really nice looking gun

29 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

now from what I understand their are different generations . the new one has a different dove tail. I have not yet called DP to find out which cut they have.

and that is a really nice looking gun

Just some random picture I took off the interwebs

I had, yes sold it, 2016 Jericho 941.

Good gun, accurate, but no parts or real support available. 

Without doing some milling work the only way I could change the rear was to use Henning’s rear site. It was higher than stock. 

No fiber optic front sight available. 

Used CZ hammer springs. 

CZ Mec mags work fine. 

Polished the internals for a really smooth trigger. 

No decent holsters for USPSA competition.

basically an orphan with no support. 

Nice pistol, but in the end Tanfoglio S 2 or CZ Shadow 2 is worth the purchase. 

2 hours ago, HesedTech said:

I had, yes sold it, 2016 Jericho 941.

Good gun, accurate, but no parts or real support available. 

Without doing some milling work the only way I could change the rear was to use Henning’s rear site. It was higher than stock. 

No fiber optic front sight available. 

Used CZ hammer springs. 

CZ Mec mags work fine. 

Polished the internals for a really smooth trigger. 

No decent holsters for USPSA competition.

basically an orphan with no support. 

Nice pistol, but in the end Tanfoglio S 2 or CZ Shadow 2 is worth the purchase. 

Dawson has fiber front sight for Jerico

Bladetech has holster, OWB series

On 3/29/2018 at 7:35 AM, 1911vm said:

I figured this would be a great place to ask. a friend of mine picked up a new Jericho 941 and it shoots low for him. where can he find adjustable rear sights for it.  thanks

Some EAA, Tanfo, and Witness sights will fit. They are “generation specific”, so measure the dovetail cut. I have a 5 year old 941 and I found some Tanfo adjustable sight that fit.

11 hours ago, philippshen said:

Dawson has fiber front sight for Jerico

Bladetech has holster, OWB series

I personally contacted both of them, (about 6 months ago), and they did not have a front sight that would fit the latest pistol and no one made a holster to fit for production competition. I contacted Bladetech, Red Hill, and a couple of others. I did find a Safari that worked for normal carry, but that didn’t work well for rapid draws needed in USPSA. 

Sold it all. 

Again good gun, well made, shot well, and not a good choice to play in USPSA with. 

Note:

This sight did not fit the latest 941. It fit the older model. 

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-desert-eagle-baby-eagle-fiber-optic-front-sights/

This holster seems to be discontinued by Bladetech

https://gun-shop.ca/product/blade-tech-owb-jericho-941-compact-holster-rh-blk/

I did buy a basic carry holster that wasn’t too bad directly from IWI. 

BTW I think I mentioned one could get a Smith with machinist ability to custom fit about anything. But why spend the money when it’s far easier to get parts for other similar pistols, CZ, Tanfoglio. 

Edited by HesedTech

55 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

I personally contacted both of them, (about 6 months ago), and they did not have a front sight that would fit the latest pistol and no one made a holster to fit for production competition. I contacted Bladetech, Red Hill, and a couple of others. I did find a Safari that worked for normal carry, but that didn’t work well for rapid draws needed in USPSA. 

Sold it all. 

Again good gun, well made, shot well, and not a good choice to play in USPSA with. 

Note:

This sight did not fit the latest 941. It fit the older model. 

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-desert-eagle-baby-eagle-fiber-optic-front-sights/

BTW I think I mentioned one could get a Smith with machinist ability to custom fit about anything. But why spend the money when it’s far easier to get parts for other similar pistols, CZ, Tanfoglio. 

Actually, I used that Dawson front fiber optic sight on my Jericho(IWI made, Jericho 941, bought new 2017), it just needs a bit of filling. 

For the holster, Bladetech will fit, just need buy one that labeled "baby eagle II" . you can also use Tanfo Stock3 holster I heard. 

3 minutes ago, philippshen said:

Actually, I used that Dawson front fiber optic sight on my Jericho(IWI made, Jericho 941, bought new 2017), it just needs a bit of filling. 

For the holster, Bladetech will fit, just need buy one that labeled "baby eagle II" . you can also use Tanfo Stock3 holster I heard. 

For those who want to shoot the Jericho in competition  good input. I enjoyed mine, but made a commitment to Tanfoglio S2 and find it an overall better value as a competition pistol.

BTW, the best trigger pull I could get with it fully polished, reduced plunger and hammer springs was about 7.5 DA/3.5 SA, anything less than that started to have reliability issues. This was using WST primers fully seated.

2 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

For those who want to shoot the Jericho in competition  good input. I enjoyed mine, but made a commitment to Tanfoglio S2 and find it an overall better value as a competition pistol.

BTW, the best trigger pull I could get with it fully polished, reduced plunger and hammer springs was about 7.5 DA/3.5 SA, anything less than that started to have reliability issues. This was using WST primers fully seated.

Thanks, for the trigger mod, I used CZ CGW 11.5lb hammer spring, reduce power TRS, and CZ sear spring,  I was able to  get 5.5 lb DA & 2.5lb sa with some polishing.

BTW, you do need an extended firing to ensure reliable ignition, I made one by using a large frame tanfo firing pin, just shorten the tip then you are good to go.

11 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Did u polish the under side of the trigger bar where it contacts the trigger bar lifter ? And the sides of the trigger bar? The trigger bar can also be lightened to reduce weight on the underside where the mag passes thru it. The trigger bar lifter spring is a KEY part. U can reduce the weight of the spring by chucking a round hobby file in a dremel and reducing the weight of the spring by 25%. That should get u under 6 pounds d/a. Cheers.

Edited by hal1955

5 hours ago, hal1955 said:

Did u polish the under side of the trigger bar where it contacts the trigger bar lifter ? And the sides of the trigger bar? The trigger bar can also be lightened to reduce weight on the underside where the mag passes thru it. The trigger bar lifter spring is a KEY part. U can reduce the weight of the spring by chucking a round hobby file in a dremel and reducing the weight of the spring by 25%. That should get u under 6 pounds d/a. Cheers.

Yep all done, and more than once. Even had a Pro (Henning) work it over the first time. Used an extended firing pin without the block and the best SA with reliability was 3.5 pounds. Tried the 11 lb spring and every now and then no fire until second hit. 

Lightened plunger spring,

BTW, the trigger pull was smooth as silk!

Since I sold the gun it really doesn’t matter anymore, but I know many will try and diagnose the issue. 

I reload my my own and fully plunk, spin and seat all primers deep using 650

Now my Tanfoglio is done up and uses PD supplied hammer, sear, bolo, 13.5 lb hammer spring, Henning pin, PD pin, plunger and trigger springs all with a full polish, 6.5lb DA, 2.5lb SA, WST and Federal primers all fire every time. 

Basically I really wanted the Jericho to be a good Production gun for USPSA, but it just doesn’t have the support Tanfoglio or CZ does. 

Again, the Jericho is a good gun, I found it well built and the fit and finish are superb. So you all enjoy. 

4 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Yep all done, and more than once. Even had a Pro (Henning) work it over the first time. Used an extended firing pin without the block and the best SA with reliability was 3.5 pounds. Tried the 11 lb spring and every now and then no fire until second hit. 

Lightened plunger spring,

BTW, the trigger pull was smooth as silk!

Since I sold the gun it really doesn’t matter anymore, but I know many will try and diagnose the issue. 

I reload my my own and fully plunk, spin and seat all primers deep using 650

Now my Tanfoglio is done up and uses PD supplied hammer, sear, bolo, 13.5 lb hammer spring, Henning pin, PD pin, plunger and trigger springs all with a full polish, 6.5lb DA, 2.5lb SA, WST and Federal primers all fire every time. 

Basically I really wanted the Jericho to be a good Production gun for USPSA, but it just doesn’t have the support Tanfoglio or CZ does. 

in, the Jericho is a good gun, I found it well built and the fit and finish are superb. So you all enjoy. 

i forgot to mention i lowered the hammer hooks on mine. I measured the hooks on my Shadow and lowered the 941 hooks to the same height. Federal primers only and it was 100% reliable. I also polished the under side of the sear, the factory finish was quite rough.

7 hours ago, HesedTech said:

I think your diagnosis and prescription were both spot on.

Sell the Jericho and buy a stock 2! 

Jericho is a good pistol, but the S2 is a purpose designed competition pistol made to win.

Also......... the 941 extractor channel in cut through into the firing pin channel. The firing pin spring is too long and gets “snaky” around the firing pin and the sping can protrude into the extractor channel and rub on the little knob on the back of the extractor and cause light strikes by slowing down the firing pin. I grind down the little knob on the extractor and shorten the firing pin spring.

3 hours ago, hal1955 said:

Also......... the 941 extractor channel in cut through into the firing pin channel. The firing pin spring is too long and gets “snaky” around the firing pin and the sping can protrude into the extractor channel and rub on the little knob on the back of the extractor and cause light strikes by slowing down the firing pin. I grind down the little knob on the extractor and shorten the firing pin spring.

The competition frame guns are the same...