Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Carry Grip: Tactical or Agressive

Descartian

I'm getting ready to put a new concealed carry gun together. I've really wanted to use the SVI 113mm carry grip on something and I think this will be the gun. 

I LOVE grippy grips. I have quite a few guns with the Costa and DVC stippling on it but my favorites are either skate taped or have 36 grit Silica Carbide applied. I have good sized hands that aren't sensitive (I have rough'ish palms from work). 

Ive never handled the SVI aggressive texture grips and the Tactical only once but I don't remember being impressed with the grippyness of them. 

Any recommendations/pluses/minuses would be appreciated. 

15 minutes ago, Descartian said:

I'm getting ready to put a new concealed carry gun together. I've really wanted to use the SVI 113mm carry grip on something and I think this will be the gun. 

I LOVE grippy grips. I have quite a few guns with the Costa and DVC stippling on it but my favorites are either skate taped or have 36 grit Silica Carbide applied. I have good sized hands that aren't sensitive (I have rough'ish palms from work). 

Ive never handled the SVI aggressive texture grips and the Tactical only once but I don't remember being impressed with the grippyness of them. 

Any recommendations/pluses/minuses would be appreciated. 

for carry gun is the last thing that  u  want that something like aggressive  grip will stuck in your clothes .;)

I have carried a glock with skate tape on the grip for 10 years in a cross breed holster without issues of the grip sticking to clothes, it prolly depends on the holster and how you carry it.

As far as SVI grip texture, i have their standard micro pocket grip on my Limited gun and wish i had the aggressive after having the PT aggressive on others and shooting the SVI aggressive on buddies guns . While the SVI standard pockets are ok , the aggressive is better for grippyness .

Having carried a metal gripped Infinity on duty before, I'd just make sure you are aware it will be HEAVY.  Like 48 ounces or so, depending on your build.  Tactical micro pockets would be the best choice unless you like replacing your shirts on a regular basis.  The aggressive micro pockets and skater terrain tape would be horrible for clothing and skin on a carry gun.