Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muzle brake for 11.5

1911vm

Are you looking for a muzzle device for an SBR or one to pin/weld to a shorter barrel and bring it to length? 

What's your goal for the device, flash suppression or compensation? 

If your primarily doing classes you might not want a break especially with that short of a barrel, people will get fed up being next to that very quickly.

6 hours ago, ecn515 said:

Are you looking for a muzzle device for an SBR or one to pin/weld to a shorter barrel and bring it to length? 

What's your goal for the device, flash suppression or compensation? 

Compensation is definitely the priority

I had the same brake I run on my 3 gun rifle on my 10.5" pistol for a while, that's where my fireball profile pic came from.  It shot great, but was pretty aggressively loud and I didn't make friends.  I shot it indoors once and even with double ear pro it was painful.  I went back to a Noveske Flaming Pig and it's way more comfortable to shoot.  I added an adjustable gas block to tone down the gas a bit and it shoots about the same as it did with the brake on it.

Precision Armament M4-72 Severe Duty. 

I have one on almost all my rifles including my 14.5" .223 and 308's. Works incredibly well and doesn't look ridiculous either. 

I went with a VG6 Precision Gamma 556 on my 10.5 SBR after using one on a full auto 10.5" prop gun last year at NWMGC.  I was impressed with how flat it stayed in full auto and figured it should be good semi-auto as well.  I have not been disappointed.

Doug

Archived