Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
thepunishur

Non-Hybrid barrel in hybrid cut slide

Recommended Posts

I searched, but didn't seem to find an answer. I'm going to be having a 9mm barrel fit to my 38 super open gun. Currently, it has a Hybrid barrel and the slide is cut for it. Would I have any issues having a non-hybrid barrel fit to my slide? Any potential problems with barrel lock-up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I would think that is would cause some issues since you'd lose all that contact between the hybrid barrel and the slide.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While certainly not optimal, my guess is that it wouldn't affect the performance.  In all of the hybrid builds I have (I have 3 and will get one more shortly), the barrel rib doesn't touch the slide at all throughout the cycle.  They're very close but there is no contact.  So, all the fitting is between the slide and barrel, minus the ~1/2" on top where the rib is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, al503 said:

While certainly not optimal, my guess is that it wouldn't affect the performance.  In all of the hybrid builds I have (I have 3 and will get one more shortly), the barrel rib doesn't touch the slide at all throughout the cycle.  They're very close but there is no contact.  So, all the fitting is between the slide and barrel, minus the ~1/2" on top where the rib is.  

 Cool, because I cant find a 4 port (drilled or undrilled) hybrid nowlin barrel anywhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel your pain,the last one I got was from speed shooter international

every once in a great while they will get some in stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, thepunishur said:

 Cool, because I cant find a 4 port (drilled or undrilled) hybrid nowlin barrel anywhere...

 

SV will make you a blank hybrid rib barrel but they don't stock them. They say allow 6 weeks,

but I got mine in 5 weeks.

The rib goes almost to the locking lug.  Not sure if that's a 4 port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, racegun9 said:

 

SV will make you a blank hybrid rib barrel but they don't stock them. They say allow 6 weeks,

but I got mine in 5 weeks.

The rib goes almost to the locking lug.  Not sure if that's a 4 port.

 SV's all seem to be clark/para ramped, and I need a wilson/nowlin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, thepunishur said:

 SV's all seem to be clark/para ramped, and I need a wilson/nowlin

Yes they only make the clark/para type. 

The gunsmiths would have to chime in.

I think the frame cut could be changed from nowlin to clark.

Not sure if the barrel can be cut from clark to nowlin.

But then you have more steps and money involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the Schumann website last night and the main page states their web store is down but when you check the barrel pages, it show barrel available for purchase, it might be worth it to call them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 6:34 PM, racegun9 said:

 

SV will make you a blank hybrid rib barrel but they don't stock them. They say allow 6 weeks,

but I got mine in 5 weeks.

The rib goes almost to the locking lug.  Not sure if that's a 4 port.

Almost to the locking lug would be a 5 port. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how a non-hybrid barrel would cause a problem.  I would get it titanium nitride coating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...