Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear sight notch on Romeo1 compatible with suppressor-height front sights?

Rudukai13

So I've been noticing on the RX models Sig has been including raised suppressor-height iron sights, including what appears to be suppressor-height X-ray sights on the P226/229 Legion RX pistols. I have a Romeo1 on my X-Carry, which originally comes with standard-height X-ray sights but obviously you lose the rear iron sight when you remove the optic plate to mount the Romeo1.

My question for the masses is, does anyone know if the sight notch that's built into the back of the body of the Romeo1 is the correct height to line up with a suppressor-height front sight post? If so I'll probably get in touch with Sig customer service tomorrow and see if I can just order a replacement suppressor-height X-ray front sight post. I do like the idea of having backup iron sights and am hoping Sig was forward-thinking enough to actually engineer the notch in the Romeo1 body to be useful with the proper height front sight post...Otherwise I'll wait until the Romeo1 shroud comes out that looks like it has an integrated rear iron sight as well

Was it one of the OEM Sig raised sights?

Perhaps a better way to phrase this question - Does anyone know what height front sight post is needed to properly co-witness with the notch in the body of the Romeo1?

• 4 weeks later...

I was the one who posted the second post.

Here’s a pic showing the rear notch on the Romeo 1 cowitnessing with the front sight on my X5. Remember, this is for the p320 X5 not X Carry. The front sight is the stock fiber optic that came with the gun.

0_CEF0_C8_C-0472-419_B-_A739-_CB1_FDD667

That's funny George,   I went over to the Sig Talk forum,  read your thread, copied your photo,  and pasted it here for you to look at.  I thought I had new and relevant material from a different forum....... you're all over the interwebs.  Anyway you're correct,  I got my X models mixed up.   So for verification,   I found Almas photo of the back of the Romeo 1 co witnessing the Dot and the front sight...... that's what you want to see right?   If your battery happens to go dead on your optic,  you can line up Romeo's notch with the front sight and still be on target?

20180424_233829_rmedited.jpg

Yes that’s right. I confirmed it at the range that such would be the case if they battery goes dead. 

I use the same username in here, CZ, sig and 1911 forums. Haven’t been active at the 1911 forum since shooting 9mm for USPSA.

Edited by George16
Spelling

Ok, so does anyone know what the difference in height is between the front post on the X-Five and the front post on the X-Carry? When I try to co-witness the dot using the stock front post and the notch in the Romeo1 on my X-Carry, the dot seems to reflect that the pistol would be shooting significantly high. Meaning I cannot get the notch in the Romeo, and the front sight post, and the dot aligned all at the same time

Measure your x carry front sights and I’ll measure my X5 front sights when I get back home in a little bit. Keep in mind also that the X5 front fiber optic sight were made by Dawson Precision for Sig. not sure if they made the x carry front sight 

Edited by George16

Well.... if I didn't have the advice of the experts here,   I would  try something like this........  I would mount the optic first,  and zero that in at my desired range.  Once I had it grouping tight,  I'd throw the gun in a vice,  weld a cheek,  and  experiment with toothpicks or little pieces of fiber optic to mock the heights of the front and rear iron sights to co witness the dot.  Once I was happy with all three witnesses I would measure my matchsticks and buy the appropriate height front and rear sights.   

I'm sure there's a better way.   Did I hypothetically do it wrong? 

I ditched Romeo alltogether. The Romeo1T rear iron is part of the sheilding shroud/mount plate and from the SHOT Show pics it doesn't look like you can adjust windage/elevation. DPP  w/ Adj. BUIS & .430 Dawson front blade is what I am going with.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/1/23/first-look-updated-sig-sauer-romeo1-reflex-sight/

Edited by bossgvr4

5 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

To be fair I believe the R1T is intended to be more of a beefed-up combat sight system, and generally combat sights are not adjustable for simplicity reasons...

The DPP & the RMR are BOTH proven "combat sight systems". Sig is playing catch-up in the MRDS game.

12 minutes ago, bossgvr4 said:

The DPP & the RMR are BOTH proven "combat sight systems". Sig is playing catch-up in the MRDS game.

Yes...What's your point?

Should no company develop a product if some other company has found success with a similar product first?

"Hey guys, nobody needs to make any new polymer-framed, striker-fired pistols anymore, Glock already did that..."

• 2 years later...
On 4/27/2018 at 12:31 AM, Rudukai13 said:

Yes...What's your point?

Should no company develop a product if some other company has found success with a similar product first?

"Hey guys, nobody needs to make any new polymer-framed, striker-fired pistols anymore, Glock already did that..."

not to try and sharpshoot you but h&k did it first.  in 1970