Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to get a CZ Shadow 2 to make weight in IDPA?

francx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
24 minutes ago, biker1958 said:

You can’t shoot a CZ Shadow 2 in IDPA because of weight but you can shoot a PCC with unlimited rounds, lame as hell, get it together IDPA!

With a wide open course and no mandatory reloads, a PCC is usually a CO killer at a match.  However, if the match designer puts in a bunch of hard leans and a couple mag changes/unloaded starts, the pistols have a chance.

Good to see biker doesnt know the rules. You are limited in rounds for pcc. 30 in a mag. Its a rifle not a pistol so different rules. Plus you can get a shadow 2 to make weight but it requires milling so why do it when there are other options that make weight with the same platform.

Ranger who cares. I thought there was no overall win for IDPA. You are just shooting against your division and class so who cares what PCC does. Hard leans are not a thing in IDPA, pistol shooters whine to much about them. Especially if its weak side, and just for the record, no they still dont have a chance mag change or unloaded start.

21 minutes ago, Diver123 said:

Good to see biker doesnt know the rules. You are limited in rounds for pcc. 30 in a mag. Its a rifle not a pistol so different rules. Plus you can get a shadow 2 to make weight but it requires milling so why do it when there are other options that make weight with the same platform.

Ranger who cares. I thought there was no overall win for IDPA. You are just shooting against your division and class so who cares what PCC does. Hard leans are not a thing in IDPA, pistol shooters whine to much about them. Especially if its weak side, and just for the record, no they still dont have a chance mag change or unloaded start.

They care.  PCC shooters generally expect to win.  And blame Practiscore for people caring, because it populates with O/A combined scores.  Mentally, I factor PCC out of the results.  

21 hours ago, biker1958 said:

My point is why is there a weight limit for pistols? This is a game.

My guess is that when Bill/Joyce were coming up with the rules, they weighed their most tricked out 1911 and decided 43 ounces was the magic number.  As a plain clothes cop, I can say that anything more than 43 ounces with a regular pants belt and it does get to be a bit much.  Remember, they are trying to factor "race" guns out and keep "carry" gun in IDPA.

5 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

My guess is that when Bill/Joyce were coming up with the rules, they weighed their most tricked out 1911 and decided 43 ounces was the magic number.  As a plain clothes cop, I can say that anything more than 43 ounces with a regular pants belt and it does get to be a bit much.  Remember, they are trying to factor "race" guns out and keep "carry" gun in IDPA.

but they allow rifles in a pistol match with 30 round mags.

On 12/13/2020 at 10:30 AM, RangerTrace said:

They care.  PCC shooters generally expect to win.  And blame Practiscore for people caring, because it populates with O/A combined scores.  Mentally, I factor PCC out of the results.  

really? not around here. It happens once or twice a year that a pcc shooter wins the overall cuz all the good pistol shooters were out of town.

On the original topic, I'm not really interested in shooting a race gun at idpa. But I had a gun time beating all the race guns last match with my EDC (p01, IWB holster).

why not allow PCC? Articulate a real reason why? Not the whinny its a pistol match now I cant get the imaginary high overall win. PCC shooters pay $ to shoot. Not everyone that shots a PCC wants a match were the stages are 50 yards out. Some people use them for home defense. Its fun to light up a stage with PCC. Yes I do expect to win, and win by a lot. I dont go around claiming I won high overall either. Its nothing more than a metric to measure myself against. 

3 hours ago, GmanCdp said:

never understood why the MD just doesn’t add a separate Practiscore sign in for PCC shooters and make it their own match,so the pistol shooters won’t be soooooooo tore up on the results.. 

takes 2 mins to do..

Couldn't that lead to squadding issues? At least in area's like mine where club matches have wait lists to get in and you need to register the minute it opens to get a spot. 

22 hours ago, GmanCdp said:

never understood why the MD just doesn’t add a separate Practiscore sign in for PCC shooters and make it their own match,so the pistol shooters won’t be soooooooo tore up on the results.. 

takes 2 mins to do..

I don't really care about the pcc results. I'm more annoyed by the changes we have to make to stage designs to accommodate them. Alot of things that are interesting choices for pistols become stupid stages for pcc, so I have to jump through hoops to make the stages interesting for everyone.

for folks that do get  butthurt about pcc results, either learn to shoot your pistol better, or design stages with more leans, wide transitions, ports you have to get deep into, shooting while moving quickly, etc....  Rifles are consistently slower and some stuff, and that is probably good stuff for rifle shooters to practice and be challenged by.

11 hours ago, motosapiens said:

you must not have any good pistol shooters where you are.

Just some master level shooters, and Also have shot against DM's as well. Its IDPA though not like USPSA. So right not good. I dont expect anyone to modify a stage cos I am shooting pcc. Design it how you want. Most the time I would shoot a stage the same way with a pistol as I would a PCC. I am confidant that you cant screw me without screwing the pistol guys worse. I enjoy the challenge.