Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting under 100 in Prod

rowdyb

18 hours ago, rowdyb said:

aaaannd i just ordered the full set of dry fire banners

You won't be disappointed.  Like I said earlier, you will see your scores drop.

I expect to make GM in steel challenge by the winter (maybe even the summer if things go well)

• 4 weeks later...

hey Rowdy .... if you really plan to make SC a serious training activity there is this great training book available on Amazon that is dedicated 100% to the sport of Steel Challenge ... :).   There is a lot more going on to training for SC than most people realize .... given your current skill level in USPSA, breaking 100 in SC is certainly doable but it's going to take some dedicated training ... on par with what you've been doing for USPSA, no getting around that I'm afraid ...

Yep, that's what I'm sensing. The time I spend on IDPA is now being diverted to SC. My first set of goals are:

1. Consistent 1.10 draw on the "close" stages (1.30 currently, barring smoke n hope)

2. Dry fire the three stages I have the worst scores for. (with the hope of moving my classifications in them to above 85%)

3. Spend less time looking at my stuff on excel (see picture)

scbook.JPG

• 2 years later...

Well looks like I'll be shooting Prod in Steel Challenge for the first time in a long time! Five of my eight stage classifiers are from the above mentioned 2018 US Steel match! And in the few times I've shot since then my peak time has only gone down to 116.64 with the peak times at 94.5 for a 81.02%.

In the past since this thread I made M in pcc pretty quickly but haven't really shot Prod much in years. Looks like that will change.! Obviously still a long ways from being under 100, hahaha. Hopefully in the past 2 years I've gotten just a little better!!

Yo dude you can do it ! I shot with you in 2018 ( fatboy with the beard from Alaska ) you got the skills to do it !! I still shoot rfro and rfri I made it to gm this year , now working on rfpo ,,, I don’t have enough 9mm for production lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Frozen said:

Yo dude you can do it ! I shot with you in 2018 ( fatboy with the beard from Alaska ) you got the skills to do it !! I still shoot rfro and rfri I made it to gm this year , now working on rfpo ,,, I don’t have enough 9mm for production lol emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember you! Thanks for the vote of confidence. I should practice steel challenge again and see you at a match.

Edited by rowdyb