Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger job

LLRukus

Since you're asking the question you obviously don't know how to do a trigger job.  So, for me PERSONALLY, I don't do my own trigger jobs because I know there are people out there that can do it a hell of a lot better, more reliably, and do it quicker.  For me to do the same 1# 12oz trigger job that's smooth as butter would require hours and hours of testing, probably hundreds in parts, and be a massive headache.  But there are plenty of people that do their own work, and I'm sure their answer will be to do it your own.  The tools aren't that expensive, it's the time it takes to learn how to do it well.

+1 above... or how many times will you want to do it for yourself or others in the future??

from money and time perspective you’re prbably a dozen out from “being ahead” but if you value knowledge you gain a wealth of it from every failure and success.

It’s not difficult, once you know what you’re doing, but the learning curve isn’t free in my experience

Or, if you live on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, learning how to do a trigger job would probably be more cost effective than having to send out a gun via overnight shipping. 

if u have good  skills  of working  with metals  u can do  excellent  trigger job  without any type of special  tools.

but if not  this tools  will  help u a  lot in future .

i don't have this tools .but i live  almost  in  desert.:lol:

Edited by yigal

I built a limited gun myself and used the extreme engineering trigger group, it did not require any filling on the hammer / sear and was a perfect break. A quality trigger group might be another option for you .

27 minutes ago, Sprig said:

I built a limited gun myself and used the extreme engineering trigger group, it did not require any filling on the hammer / sear and was a perfect break. A quality trigger group might be another option for you .

i think that it's the best drop in option.

I installed an EGW setup and after a little polishing and tweaking it is great. Not put a gage  on it, but no way in Hades I would pay to have it worked on anymore. To me, it is that good now. I absolutely love the Geppert Convex trigger and EGW set up.

Unless your stuff is way out of speck, with real good quality parts, I think the fancy tools are largely unnecessary.

Learn how to set your reset and with a little polishing work, the right parts and springs, you can do a great trigger job now.

Next build may totally change my mind, but my trigger is not the issue for me anymore...

Edited by Broncman
Autocorrect is awesome!

I feel its worth it to do my own triggers. Everybody likes their triggers a certain way. Having the right tools and a basic understanding of the trigger, its not that hard to do