Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Posts

Made from same parts yet they  can make the more expensive  one only..want to buy some ocean front property in montana?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ocrrhbow said:

I also had a problem with the primer seating.  I called after hours one night and a tech answered the phone and worked with me over the phone while I tried different things to get the problem resolved.

was the primer bar not going all the way forward to be able to seat the primer and hanging up the machine? If so what did they tell you? I have that problem ever now and then, but dont want to call as I already have a big enough headache.

1 hour ago, Stymie12000 said:

My CS experience has been so so. Sometimes it's been prompt and others have been non existent. 

 

Unfortunate I've had a handful of problems and have needed the CS on multiple issues. Couple I gave up on the CS and figured it out myself.

 

When I do get you talk to Sean @ MK7.  He has been very helpful.  But email responses are hit or miss.

 

I would rate my experience so far about a D+ or C-.

 

BTW talked to Sean about my powder measure update. Sounds like it will be a couple of months before it gets fixed. Guess they are waiting for updated parts to be made. Not a huge deal, since I've got a hornady that works excellent.  But still, I wish it was working properly! 

 

Mine as been not good at all as well...we will see if it improves, really like the design but at this point I am pretty discussed with the whole thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, donttreadonme said:

Made from same parts yet they  can make the more expensive  one only..want to buy some ocean front property in montana?

 

I get it. You are late to the party and are upset you didn't get in on the initial run of em. You can wait and buy the manual one when they open up again. Or buy the Pro version now.

 

Or you can keep adding to your list of Mark 7 only comments (Currently 26/28 comments are on Mark 7 posts). 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm glad it's more important for you to go to bat for a sheisty company that has no integrity. Rather Than stand up for your fellow consumers. Sure all my posts are about Mark 7 because I was interested in the machine and trying to learn more about it. After many conversations and firsthand experiences I no longer want the machine and if I choose to waste my time explaining to others why that is. That's my prerogative. Certainly a lot better than a bunch of guys who were friends with the owner of a company lying for him. "Tanks" I guess that's true what they say birds of the feather.

Edited by donttreadonme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 3 2 1 the CEOs lap dogs are going to start barking at me. Go ahead and feed the troll it only makes it stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Na. I just like my Mark 7 presses a lot. I wan an early adopter of their auto drives and im an early adopter of their new press.

 

Loaded well over 250K with their autodrives. They work great. Customer service is great.

 

The press so far has been wonderful for me. Weird how happy customers turn into brand ambassadors. Who knew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TRPOperator said:

So I just wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with the machine itself, CS or other problems. 

 

I think the people there are doing their best to work through the problems. I can't thank Misty, Dan and Anthony enough for the multiple times they've truly gone above and beyond to help me get my press working and the time all of their support team has spent helping me.

 

The biggest issue is we are paying a lot to be beta testers for these presses. I always expect problems as an early adopter, but there are so many issues with the presses that customers are discovering for them that should have been found in QA before releasing the product. I think their team is now frantically trying to put out fires and get the machines working. I've had exceptional support from the CS team, and they're learning as they go.

 

So while I'm not displeased with their support, I'm not happy with my experience with the machine. I've had it for six months and of that time I've been able to load with it maybe two months. The rest of the time either I was waiting for parts to come back from them or I was waiting for their help to resolve a show stopping issue.

 

I believe it's an amazing machine and that they will get the problems resolved eventually, so I'll keep working with them to debug the problems one at a time. It's just a frustrating experience never knowing how long it will take before we can get it working again and then once it's fixed if I can rely on it to continue working.

Edited by rotifsn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rotifsn said:

 

I think the people there are doing their best to work through the problems. I can't thank Misty, Dan and Anthony enough for the multiple times they've truly gone above and beyond to help me get my press working and the time all of their support team has spent helping me.

 

The biggest issue is we are paying a lot to be beta testers for these presses. I always expect problems as an early adopter, but there are so many issues with the presses that customers are discovering for them that should have been found in QA before releasing the product. I think their team is now frantically trying to put out fires and get the machines working. I've had exceptional support from the CS team, and they're learning as they go.

 

So while I'm not displeased with their support, I'm not happy with my experience with the machine. I've had it for six months and of that time I've been able to load with it maybe two months. The rest of the time either I was waiting for parts to come back from them or I was waiting for their help to resolve a show stopping issue.

 

I believe it's an amazing machine and that they will get the problems resolved eventually, so I'll keep working with them to debug the problems one at a time. It's just a frustrating experience never knowing how long it will take before we can get it working again and then once it's fixed if I can rely on it to continue working.

 

 

Agreed. I have my press running well now but the powder drop really scares me. 

 

I got mine back and it’s light years better than what was originally sent but something is off. 

 

It it does not drop consistent powder if you change the rpm even if you adjust dwell. 

 

If you manually drop charges it is consistent with its powder throws but the minute you run it automated it’s all over the board. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TRPOperator said:

was the primer bar not going all the way forward to be able to seat the primer and hanging up the machine? If so what did they tell you? I have that problem ever now and then, but dont want to call as I already have a big enough headache.

 

You're best off talking to the CS team of course, but here's one thing I'd check: did the bolt loosen that holds the primer rocker to the press? That can lead to problems including inconsistent primer depths. If that's not it, it's a pretty simple mechanism with the rod from the tool head engaging a rod under the shell plate to push one end of the primer rocker down and seating the primer on the other end. Make sure all those parts are moving fluidly and don't need lubrication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

It it does not drop consistent powder if you change the rpm even if you adjust dwell. 

It's caused by the powder drum rotating so quickly it doesn't fill fully, or consistently. The dwell won't impact it. How fast the press head moves down (and the drum rotates) is what changes the charge amount. The slower you run it the more the drum will fill with powder. I picked a speed I wanted to run at, set my charge accordingly, and always ran at that speed. Charges still varied up to .4 grain, but the variation was way higher when also switching between 1000rph and 2500rph.

 

Apparently this is highly dependent on the type of powder you use. I think I read TiteGroup measures well with it. I'm using N320 and it does not measure consistently yet even with the most recent updates to the powder measure. I know they're working on it and have ideas about how to address it, so I expect eventually it'll improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rotifsn said:

It's caused by the powder drum rotating so quickly it doesn't fill fully, or consistently. The dwell won't impact it. How fast the press head moves down (and the drum rotates) is what changes the charge amount. The slower you run it the more the drum will fill with powder. I picked a speed I wanted to run at, set my charge accordingly, and always ran at that speed. Charges still varied up to .4 grain, but the variation was way higher when also switching between 1000rph and 2500rph.

 

Apparently this is highly dependent on the type of powder you use. I think I read TiteGroup measures well with it. I'm using N320 and it does not measure consistently yet even with the most recent updates to the powder measure. I know they're working on it and have ideas about how to address it, so I expect eventually it'll improve.

 

 

Thanks for tbe the detailed info. That’s the most detail I have heard in regards to the powder measure issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i havent run any rounds yet since getting my measure back but looking at the drum it looks like they have opened it up a little, there are some tool marks on it now that indicate it was modified.  Perhaps that will help with that issue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

 

 

Thanks for tbe the detailed info. That’s the most detail I have heard in regards to the powder measure issues. 

 

Here's another piece.  They say they're working on a new drum linkage that accelerates it more gradually in the early part of the drum's movement, so it "traps" a consistent volume of powder.  Hope it comes soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, teros135 said:

 

Here's another piece.  They say they're working on a new drum linkage that accelerates it more gradually in the early part of the drum's movement, so it "traps" a consistent volume of powder.  Hope it comes soon.  

 

 

Hopefully they retro fit all the old ones ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

 

 

Hopefully they retro fit all the old ones ;)

 

I'm betting they will. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled my order mid 2018 after a few months of waiting as shipping was delayed. My CC was refunded within a couple of days, no questions asked and no hassle! I placed another order a couple of months later and received my Evo Pro recently. It is a business, of course they are going to try and up-sale and get you into a Revolution if possible. You know what you want, that's what you tell them you want to buy, no one is going to force you to buy anything. 

 

It is your prerogative, well said. You can either wait and buy a manual Evo later, get an Evo Pro now or just go get a Dillon, Hornady, RCBS, etc.

Edited by LowBoost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TRPOperator said:

was the primer bar not going all the way forward to be able to seat the primer and hanging up the machine? If so what did they tell you? I have that problem ever now and then, but dont want to call as I already have a big enough headache.

Mine as been not good at all as well...we will see if it improves, really like the design but at this point I am pretty discussed with the whole thing. 

I had the bolt that hold the primer rocker walk out. MK7 sent me a new harder bolt. The old bold did have galling so that is what I believe made it walk out in the first place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rotifsn said:

The biggest issue is we are paying a lot to be beta testers for these presses. I always expect problems as an early adopter, but there are so many issues with the presses that customers are discovering for them that should have been found in QA before releasing the product. I think their team is now frantically trying to put out fires and get the machines working. I've had exceptional support from the CS team, and they're learning as they go.

 

I believe it's an amazing machine and that they will get the problems resolved eventually, so I'll keep working with them to debug the problems one at a time. It's just a frustrating experience never knowing how long it will take before we can get it working again and then once it's fixed if I can rely on it to continue working.

 

 

100% agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rotifsn said:

 

You're best off talking to the CS team of course, but here's one thing I'd check: did the bolt loosen that holds the primer rocker to the press? That can lead to problems including inconsistent primer depths. If that's not it, it's a pretty simple mechanism with the rod from the tool head engaging a rod under the shell plate to push one end of the primer rocker down and seating the primer on the other end. Make sure all those parts are moving fluidly and don't need lubrication.

I did adjust the rod to get a little deaper primer seat and that worked great. Mine hangs up when the new primer has been picked up and is in the slider moving toward. It sticks before the pin can line it up I push slightly forward and it lines up and works. So I am not sure if it's the bolt spring mechanism or why it sticks prior to being close enough that the pin will line it up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine running 38sc with 10.5 AA7 at 2500 RPH for a while this evening.  Started by running it manually as I set it up, working up to speed gradually.  As they say (you know, "they") the press has to be running 100% before you can automate it. 

 

I'm still trying to get the bullet sensor to aim right and stay aimed; it's a touchy little thing.  Most everything else is working.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, teros135 said:

 

Also, the pawl, and its adjusting screw, moves toward you when the toolhead is in the up position, so you can get at it (as seen in Allenmat's pics above).  When the toolhead is down it retracts and is like the "black hole" you described.  It's on the left side, between the main guide rod and Station 8.

 

Cool, Ill see how I go tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ocrrhbow said:

I have had super CS support from Mark 7 and I consider it every bit as good, if not better, than what I previously had with my Dillon machine.


This applies to the technical support. If you need help adjusting the machine, they are doing a great job.

Where they are not as good as Dillon, is the availability of warranty/replacement parts. My Evo Pro arrived with an out-of-spec powder measure that would get stuck if it had both actuating arms installed. It worked with just one actuator, but M7 said it is only a temporary solution, it needs to be fixed to have both arms. I asked if I can keep my press running with the one arm powder measure, get a new one and then send the out-of-spec one back. They said that it is possible, but requested a payment for the new powder measure that would be refunded when the old one was delivered to them. I decided I want my 6500€ new press working without any extra payment so I sent the powder measure for fixing. Since I live in different country, it took one and a half months from sending the powder measure out to receiving it back fixed.

On Dillon side, many are used to receiving free replacement parts for like a 30 year old press that has seen a lot of use. That is perhaps more than what you paid for or could reasonably expect/demand. But having a 6500€ new, dead-on-arrival press that you have to either pay or wait 1.5 months to get fixed is not the most awesome attitude I have seen.

Another area where I think the M7 company should develop is the openness and availability of information. When I had ordered my machine and was waiting for it, I asked if I could already get access to the customer support forum, so I would be able to prepare for possible issues that might arise and read the manuals so I know beforehand what kind of tools or lubes I might need to purchase. Answer was no, you need to have your individual serial number to get that access and information.
I also asked if they could share information on what the pins for BulletSense do, since I have an idea (borrowed from a friend who already implemented it on a self-made automation for Dillon 1050) on how to make a better BulletSense. Answer was no, it is a trade secret. Okay, that means I have to spend 15 minutes reverse-engineering the connector (unless anyone already has the BulletSense opened and can share which pin of the connector goes where -- please contact me if you do!).

And don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the company or the product. The product itself is amazing, light-years ahead of the competition and I'm sure you will be very happy if you decide to buy it. And the technical support will help you fix any issues you might encounter. And they are still continuing to develop the products, lately they have made improvements to at least the primer rocker bolt, primer punch etc. But yes, they still have areas where the company needs to develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have finally received my press I unfortunately dont have time this week to mess with getting it set up. The good news is that means I wont have time to shoot or reload so it isnt a bad thing that I have 3 boxes of stuff in the office waiting for assembly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats. You will then spend a day or two staring at it upon unboxing. You will get excited like a kid with a new toy as you progress during assembly and have a big grin in your face, then spend another day or two staring at it after you are all done! Ask me how I know! :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LowBoost said:

Congrats. You will then spend a day or two staring at it upon unboxing. You will get excited like a kid with a new toy as you progress during assembly and have a big grin in your face, then spend another day or two staring at it after you are all done! Ask me how I know! :)  

 

Depends, I had my Revolution up and assembled (not that it took much) and all the dies set up within a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...