Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The Super 1050 is a decades old machine, and a revision of previous models like the RL 1000. It’s been troubleshooted by Dillon and by companies making aftermarket modifications, like Level10’s awesome toolhead spring and cup.

In two years the Evo will be equally bug free, and I may consider grabbing one.

I had a RL 1050. Based on my experience, the Evolution Pro is already light years ahead of Dillon. No, not two years from now -- but NOW. It is already there.
Still a new product, might have some things that needs to be fixed etc, but it is already better than what was available earlier.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, LowBoost said:

Thanks for the info. Will order the Red'n'Tacky #2 and MolyCoat. I got a few sensors except Decap and Low Primer sensors which I guess I will need sooner than later. 

I would also recommend using a grease gun with a needle nozzle, something like: https://www.amazon.com/CARBYNE-Grease-Needle-Nozzle-Threads/dp/B01NCRWGBZ

...instead of the syringe recommended by Mark 7.

1 hour ago, mikamarj said:

I had a RL 1050. Based on my experience, the Evolution Pro is already light years ahead of Dillon. No, not two years from now -- but NOW. It is already there.
Still a new product, might have some things that needs to be fixed etc, but it is already better than what was available earlier.

I agree it’s heads above the rest looking at it compared to the 1050 but all the problems and bugs people are having plus the lack of stock and production numbers swayed me to the dillon. Also presses are being shipped missing sensors and parts due to not having enough in stock etc. I wouldn’t want to buy one right now due to these things especially having to wait so long and as much as these presses cost and you get it missing things you need and ordered. That’s why I am waiting till they get it together and there’s no issues or lack of parts and upgrades like there is now. By no way am I knocking them because I definitely want one but it’s new and these types of problems are expected but I’d rather wait till they have it 100%. If it was I’d have an evo pro instead of my new 1050 😂 

I don't believe there are any major "problems and bugs" except the powder dispenser. I understand spare parts stock is somewhat limited but it is due to the high volume of orders and some slight improvements to some products, so it makes sense to keep a low inventory on those. Luckily, it seems all my sensors were shipped in my order. 🤪

When I spoke with them and inquired about my order status two weeks ago, I was told a few changes were included in that batch of machines that were shipping out. I was in a hurry, so I didn't ask for specifics, but that is evidence they are listening and constantly striving to improve the products. I am positive they have it almost "together" or you would be hearing of a lot more issues. Sadly, forums are usually used to express issues or dissatisfaction of products/companies and rarely you read any praise or hear from happy customers. I am willing to bet there are at least 1,000+ of these presses out in the wild and you have been reading of the same two or three issues over the past 6 months. Other than that, everyone seems to agree it is light years ahead of the "Blue".  I will validate and corroborate that on Wednesday. :)

Edited by LowBoost

11 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

I agree it’s heads above the rest looking at it compared to the 1050 but all the problems and bugs people are having plus the lack of stock and production numbers swayed me to the dillon. Also presses are being shipped missing sensors and parts due to not having enough in stock etc. I wouldn’t want to buy one right now due to these things especially having to wait so long and as much as these presses cost and you get it missing things you need and ordered. That’s why I am waiting till they get it together and there’s no issues or lack of parts and upgrades like there is now. By no way am I knocking them because I definitely want one but it’s new and these types of problems are expected but I’d rather wait till they have it 100%. If it was I’d have an evo pro instead of my new 1050 😂 

I don't think there are any bugs out there that have not been addressed. I can't speak for the sensor availability, but I'd bet considering the lead time on machines by the time yours ships the sensors should be available for it.  The funny thing is you mention Dillon as being reliable and then list a litany of third party add-ons that you bought to make it work better.

Yes, if you were to place an order now, you will have to wait and it does cost more. So, for instant gratification and lower cost the 1050 with the add-ons is a good choice.

For me as an early adaptor of the Revolution I'd still order it despite the growing pains I had. The tech support to fix my issues was great and they were very responsive. Also, for anyone ordering an Evo Pro or a Revolution I would recommend the day of training on site option with your machine. Not only for hands on training with your machine, but also to get to know the tech support people.

"Mrs Brown" showed up at my door this evening with three boxes! :)

Upon unboxing and staring at it for a while, comparing a Dillon to this is like comparing a Ford T Model (1927) to a Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce!

Now I understand what everyone was talking about.

I am not fully aware of all the revisions, but based on some previous photos and videos, I see two of the "upgrades" I was told.

onMH7T.jpg

JoXxLQ.jpg

Edited by LowBoost

4 hours ago, LowBoost said:

"Mrs Brown" showed up at my door this evening with three boxes! :)

Upon unboxing and staring at it for a while, comparing a Dillon to this is like comparing a Ford T Model (1927) to a Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce!

Now I understand what everyone was talking about.

I am not fully aware of all the revisions, but based on some previous photos and videos, I see two of the "upgrades" I was told.

onMH7T.jpg

JoXxLQ.jpg

You broke it already?  Duh!

See you figured out that the bolts to mount the Evo press to the autodrive base plate come with the autodrive, not the press.  Makes sense, doesn't it?

Yes, I figured it out as I unboxed the autodrive and found them along the sprocket bag. Now I am trying to find instructions for the EMI in-line filter for the bullet feeder.

I replaced the factory micro-switch with the new one supplied and installed the in-line filter as well. There is still another filter that I can't figure out where it goes.

pSA6t8.jpg 

PJhHTT.jpg

1 hour ago, LowBoost said:

Yes, I figured it out as I unboxed the autodrive and found them along the sprocket bag. Now I am trying to find instructions for the EMI in-line filter for the bullet feeder.

I replaced the factory micro-switch with the new one supplied and installed the in-line filter as well. There is still another filter that I can't figure out where it goes.

pSA6t8.jpg 

PJhHTT.jpg

One thought. Dont bother with the emi filters. Get a good UPS with surge protection. Run the evo pro off the battery backup side of the UPS. A quality ups will feed clean power to your auto drive from the battery. Run the case feeder, bullet feeder, etc... off the surge (non battery) side of the UPS. Circuits are isolated, emi wont feed to the auto drive.

Was having some electrical issues with mine I was initially running off the same circuit without the filters. Figured its worth some extra $$ to feed the auto drive clean power. Implemented the above configuration and everything runs great!

14 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

The reason for the filters is to block interference created by the motor. 

I'm thinking of covering the motor in tinfoil.  Keeps the EMF to minimum and keeps the CIA from stealing the motor's thoughts 😎😎😎

LOL - I almost choke with the laughs! :)

I have a few of the APC SMC-1500 for QNAPs and other stuff, but they are overkill for the Evo Pro. I'll stop by and get the CyberPower 1000. They are pretty decent and priced even better. 

I will continue set-up later tonight. The more I looked at it last night, the more I liked it.  

1 hour ago, LowBoost said:

The more I looked at it last night, the more I liked it.  

I did the same thing when I got mine. Took it out and placed it on the dining room table and drooled for a very long time. 2 days later I was asked to move it....however, even my better 1/2 was impressed!

21 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

With those of you with the powder check sensor. I guess you had to flip the powder dispenser in order to fit the housing assembly? There is no way it fits with the dispenser looking towards the front (I can't find this in the instructions either).

Yes. Mine had to rotate such that the back of the powder drop is facing the powder sensor.

Anyone else have noticed charge variations dependent of the speed machine is operating at?
I was loading some 9mm major with a friend. 6.8gr of Winchester Autocomp, which makes the IPSC open major PF. That charge was measured while running the machine at 1000 per hour. Then when everything was dialled in, we ran "production batch" at 1600-1900 per hour (plus some index slowdowns and bottom dwell). Now the charge was only 6.7gr. Quickly tested 2200/hour and that was only 6.5gr!
(Yes, I did check that the powder measure adjustment screw was tight, hadn't moved at all)

Yup - As Allemat told me, I had to lower the die. (I would have noticed if I would have lowered it almost all the way down and start there instead). 😩

Setting up the dies is a breeze and with my testing, very consistent COAL even with mixed brass. (This helps tremendously for people like me with OCD!)

Now I just need to set up the powder dispenser. The lock nut is REALLY tight and I don't want to mar it with tools. The only "major" issues now are the case feeder and tablet.

I am SO glad I didn't cancel my order, it was definitely well worth the wait! :)

Edited by LowBoost

Soooooo are we there yet? I currently own 1 X , and 2 PRo's , looking to do the jump to evo or revo. I've been happy with the features and the upgrades, I was an early adopter and have watched them grow and get more and more cool features. I have my dillons dialed in to the point when I load pre-prepped brass I will get a sideways bullet 1 in 1000 and stuff is pretty much flawless.  heck, with same headstamp brass, I can get 10 rounds at 4 SD 

the variable powder drop, is that only for electronic powder measure? or also the mechanical one? 

They did recently send out a mail that a lot of issues with the machines had been adressed. can anyone confirm issues has been adressed? 

Also, 11 or 14" casefeeder? 

For bulletfeeder Im going pro, dont feel like rubberbands. 

Sadly no time for SHOT this year, but waiting for what kind of goodstuff they gonna show :) 

Edited by ano