Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

18 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Its exciting until you have to put it together and remember how long it takes to setup dies for the first time

Yes, after my initial setup I am willing to buy a separate tool head no matter the cost ..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

Yes, after my initial setup I am willing to buy a separate tool head no matter the cost ..

I have these in my Mark 7 shopping cart.  Will order as soon as I receive word my Evo has shipped from DAA.

Evolution Spare Tool Head - $289.95    Spare Tool Head Holder - $64.95

4 hours ago, Norm37 said:

There are a few pictures of the Evo unit on a guys work bench, page 3 and 4 in the following website.  These might give you some idea on space and how you can set yours up.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Mark-7-Reloading-s-new-Evolution-Pro-press/42-488088/&page=3

The pictures start about two thirds of the way down page three and continue on through page 4.  The first picture, the shipping box on the porch. 

Hope you come home from work  and see a box like that.? UPS  De Liver  Da Sooner Da Better ?

Thanks for sharing but it looks the same as any other press set up. Assuming the dims on Mk7 site are correct. It will be a tight squeeze but I’m really good at getting 10 lb of you know what into a 5 lb bag.

7 hours ago, quiller said:

Evo manual owners. I really pressed for space but I think I can carve out enough room inside our temporary apartment for my new toy (went it arrives). According to Mk7 site the Evo dimensions as follows:

Overall machine dimensions are 37" tall (94cm) X 27" (68.6cm) wide x 18" deep

Can someone please verify the overalls dimensions and let me know if the above are correct. Thanks all

I measure 21" wide x 19.5" deep x 37" high.

8 hours ago, quiller said:

Evo manual owners. I really pressed for space but I think I can carve out enough room inside our temporary apartment for my new toy (went it arrives). According to Mk7 site the Evo dimensions as follows:

Overall machine dimensions are 37" tall (94cm) X 27" (68.6cm) wide x 18" deep

Can someone please verify the overalls dimensions and let me know if the above are correct. Thanks all

Another thought,  Maybe you can get something like the following to work.

"i got this for my dillon 650 got a 3d printed adapter to work ."  Maybe can have an adapter made for the Evo for one of the following..

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/868423/lee-pro-1000-load-master-auto-breech-lock-pro-progressive-press-universal-case-feeder?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Reloading+-+Metallic+Reloading+Equipment+(Not+Presses)&utm_content=868423&cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Reloading+-+Metallic+Reloading+Equipment+(Not+Presses)-_-Lee-_-868423&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpKnau8SE3gIVCNRkCh3CsAVuEAQYAyABEgInlPD_BwE

Mini XL650 Case Feeder .  

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mini-xl650-case-feeder?region=north-america

Mini Mr.Bulletfeeder by DAA - Pistol  Just the tube assembly, as you will get the die with your Evo order that includes Mr. bullet feeder.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mini-mr-bulletfeeder

Edited by Norm37

21 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

Another thought.......

Height is the thing I have. One of the first accessories I got for my 650 was a Dillon Casefeeder. It’s simple a must have so I’m going back now.  I have no experience with a Mr Bullet feeder but looking foward to using my left hand for scratching my rear end rather than feeding projectiles to passing brass!

Finally getting my press setup. If the powder funnel is belling the case a little does that mean I have the die set too low?

I don't think that you should bell the case with the powder funnel. Use separate expander die for the belling.

Lähetetty minun SM-G965F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

55 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

Finally getting my press setup. If the powder funnel is belling the case a little does that mean I have the die set too low?

Raise the die up so it’s not belling the case but you are getting full travel of the powder measure knob. It should raise all the way to the top at the bottom stroke of the press. Use the jog function to dial it in. 

Edited by Thetimb

59 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

Raise the die up so it’s not belling the case but you are getting full travel of the powder measure knob. It should raise all the way to the top at the bottom stroke of the press. Use the jog function to dial it in. 

Correct up less flare, down more flare.

Page 23 PDF manual

"Additional Flare (optional) for pistol only - when using an internal powder funnel a flare can be achieved by slightly threading the powder measure die lower in the Tool Head. Depending on what type of projectile you are loading adding an additional flare with the powder funnel may give you better results."

Edited by Norm37

I've just went through quite a few pages of this thread, hidden quite a few posts, and I have considered locking and closing it....and there very well may be suspensions from the forums for some of the posting done by members in this thread. This is the one and only warning I'm going to give in this thread. Follow the forum guidelines or this thread gets shut down.

2 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Did you insert the Mr bullet feeder powder expansion into the Lee Universal expander?

I made this change and it helped immensely.  Learned from the Mark 7 setup video.

3 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

I may have to give up on the might armory decapper and size and decap with the lee and then get a primer hold down die. 

How about considering regular sizing and de-capping in station 2 and continue using the Lee undersize die for primer hold down and under sizing?

Might be easier to undersize after the case has been sized???  Just a thought as I have never used an undersize die.

Edited by Norm37

10 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

So far the machine is frustrating for me. And I loaded probably 60k on my m7x/1050.  The case feeder has run flawless as well as the bullet feeder.

Crash you did the 1050 to Evo autodrive conversion.

Trying to attach my Mark 7 X autodrive this morning.. any tricks on getting that small Allen to budge on the motor gear.

14 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

Crash you did the 1050 to Evo autodrive conversion.

Trying to attach my Mark 7 X autodrive this morning.. any tricks on getting that small Allen to budge on the motor gear.

Heat the gear up with a heat gun and it will come off. I had to do that. 

45 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

Heat the gear up with a heat gun and it will come off. I had to do that. 

Thanks.. I had the heat gun out but apparently not enough heat applied.  Ordered a new Allen hex drive showing up tomorrow...  I've bent my Allen wrenches for today.  ?

25 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

Thanks.. I had the heat gun out but apparently not enough heat applied.  Ordered a new Allen hex drive showing up tomorrow...  I've bent my Allen wrenches for today.  ?

yah I twisted one so bad I tossed it in the trash. you might not need to replace the sprocket if it has the right amount of teeth already. I had this same issue and called support and they told me I didnt even need to replace it!

3 hours ago, armedmoose said:

any tricks on getting that small Allen to budge on the motor gear.

I know this will sound counter intuitive. 

But it works for me,  whenever I try to loosen an Allen Screw I tighten it just a touch first, it seems to break loose the seazed threads better than trying to loosen first.

Ps. I just remembered another trick.  Cut off a small piece of the long end of the Allen wrench.  Put that piece in the set screw and tap it with a small hammer to break lose the threads. Then see if the screw will come loose.  The first trick seems to work so I haven't used this trick in a very long time.  Warning wear glasses when doing this one.

Edited by Norm37

4 hours ago, tanks said:

Hence, why I have the decapsense. I was having the same issue for a while, got hold of Wayne at Mighty Armory and he sent me some new style pins that are tapered at an angle. Since then I had maybe one or two out of 4K+ cases of brass that was decapped. Decapsense stopped the machine and it took me a few seconds to fix it and get going.

The decap sense is probably on order if this keeps up.  Problem is if you raise the tool head enough to pull a case and then hit end cycle you end up with a double charge. I dont remember it being that way with the dillon drop but I haven't had a press for 8 months 

48 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

The tube the rf100 uses is about an inch in diameter. It's not really possible to get it lined up with the tube on the evo without pulling the sensor off first. Tried it once and ended up with primers everywhere. 

I don't know if there are different models but at least on my Evo Pro, the primer alarm system is perfectly shaped to fit the RF100 tube. You just have to put the RF100 tube to the PrimerSense and push it from the top so the inner tube touches the Mark 7 primer tube.

2 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

That's good.  If the clutch stops it because there is still a primer when it gets to the swage the toolhead goes back down when you press end cycle. And you have to raise it up enough to reset the powder drop to remove the case. 

If the press stops I remove the case at the powder drop and set it aside. After my run I take those cases and manually cycle them a single at a time starting at the powder drop.  That’s my process. 

4 hours ago, mikamarj said:

I don't know if there are different models but at least on my Evo Pro, the primer alarm system is perfectly shaped to fit the RF100 tube. You just have to put the RF100 tube to the PrimerSense and push it from the top so the inner tube touches the Mark 7 primer tube.

This was the answer. Thank you. When loading with the rf100 pushing the tube down from the top is the key. 

?

53 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

If you cant get the tip to work on the MA die try using a Dillon die if you have one with the spring(not sure if its a spring) on the top. It allows the pin to go up/down and knock the primer off the tip. 

Thanks,  That goes on my list of things to purchase when my Evolution ships.

I checked it out on the Dillon website.   https://www.dillonprecision.com/dillon-carbide-size-deprime-dies_8_4_24457.html 

Ps.  I love coming to this forum.  Hopefully by the time my Evolution ships I will have enough information to get my press set up and running perfectly when it arrives.

Edited by Norm37