Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

53 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

I guess we aren't going to get our "Mark 7 Evo Tuning & Troubleshooting" thread split out by the mods, it's just going to keep growing here amongst all of the chit chat.  

I don't think anyone ever asked that it be split out...but it's pretty easy for you guys to make a new thread for tuning and troubleshooting.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

I don't think anyone ever asked that it be split out...but it's pretty easy for you guys to make a new thread for tuning and troubleshooting.

The problem is there is a ton of actual technical content buried inside of these 58 pages on this thread now, and for a new Evo press owner to find it all they have to sift through all 58 pages of basically chit-chat to find it.  Will the forum software allow a Mod to flag and copy posts from this thread and copy them over to the new thread?  That would be ideal, but not sure if these Invision forums allow that function or not.  If so that would be great.  If not, I guess we'll just have to go through and physically copy/paste the text of the relevant posts and we'll lose the images.  The actual "Best" solution would be to create a separate sub-forum under General Reloading for "Mark 7 Presses" instead of having it included in Non-Dillon Reloading, then the individual technical issues and troubleshooting tips can be their own threads, making it very easy for someone to scroll through forum topics and see what they are looking for.

Your asking mods who work for free to dig through the 58 pages of content they may or may not be interested in. How would they know what posts were beneficial and which ones were garbage?  Even if they could they are probably laughing behind their keyboard. 

Feel free to put your technical content here 

Edited by CrashDodson

17 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

Your asking mods who work for free to dig through the 58 pages of content they may or may not be interested in. How would they know what posts were beneficial and which ones were garbage?  Even if they could they are probably laughing behind their keyboard. 

I'm sure many of us would happily compile a list of post#'s from this thread that can be moved if a Mod was willing to move them.  I've modded a lot of very large forums in my life, I'm fully aware of how this all works and have done that sort of thing myself many times, it's about making the forum better and more valuable for the users.  Your position I guess would be that Mods do it for no particular reason, and have no reason to expend any more effort than necessary.  That's not generally how it works, but depending on the technical capabilities of this particular forum software it might be more difficult or less difficult, that I'm not sure, which is why I asked.  

EDIT:  And not trying to be combative or insulting, I HATE that kind of crap on forums, just looking for constructive solutions to make this better since I am an Evo owner and want this place to be our "go-to" for good discussion and helping each other.

Edited by Tanfastic

21 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

Yes, but HOW to put the content here?  Without being a mod, I can't copy an actual post with links and images in it, all I could do is screen-scrape the text and paste it, and I couldn't post it from the original author, it will all be posted from me, even though other people created the content.  Surely you can see how this is not the best solution, compared to copy actual post from the back end, which preserves the author and all post elements.  If that's the only solution available, then that's what we'll have to do, but it's not ideal.  I'm willing to help in whatever method is best, but a Mod has to direct that.  

Edited by Tanfastic

1 hour ago, Tanfastic said:

Yes, but HOW to put the content here?  Without being a mod, I can't copy an actual post with links and images in it, all I could do is screen-scrape the text and paste it, and I couldn't post it from the original author, it will all be posted from me, even though other people created the content....

An alternative, if you are so inclined, is to create a PDF document with questions/problems and solutions.

Also, a lot of the issues that were addressed went away with newer versions of the press and press components. 

3 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Like!

3 hours ago, Tanfastic said:

The problem is there is a ton of actual technical content buried inside of these 58 pages on this thread now, and for a new Evo press owner to find it all they have to sift through all 58 pages of basically chit-chat to find it.  Will the forum software allow a Mod to flag and copy posts from this thread and copy them over to the new thread?  That would be ideal, but not sure if these Invision forums allow that function or not.  If so that would be great.  If not, I guess we'll just have to go through and physically copy/paste the text of the relevant posts and we'll lose the images.  The actual "Best" solution would be to create a separate sub-forum under General Reloading for "Mark 7 Presses" instead of having it included in Non-Dillon Reloading, then the individual technical issues and troubleshooting tips can be their own threads, making it very easy for someone to scroll through forum topics and see what they are looking for.

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

Locking this thread in favor of the new threads being made. Please post in the appropriate new threads. Many of the posts in this thread will be moved to the new Mark 7 technical thread.

Please excuse our dust as we remodel.

Thank you!