Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, ano said:

Soooooo are we there yet? I currently own 1 X , and 2 PRo's , looking to do the jump to evo or revo.

I've been happy with the features and the upgrades, I was an early adopter and have watched them grow and get more and more cool features. I have my dillons dialed in to the point when I load pre-prepped brass I will get a sideways bullet 1 in 1000 and stuff is pretty much flawless.  heck, with same headstamp brass, I can get 10 rounds at 4 SD 

the variable powder drop, is that only for electronic powder measure? or also the mechanical one? 

The variance in powder drop related to the speed machine is operated in, happens at least on the manual powder measure. I have no experience on the electric powder measure but I would guesstimate that it wouldn't have the variance as it should always do the actuating movement by a electric motor (unless that speed is also different for different output rates).

Other than that, at least I have been very happy about my switch from 1050 to Evo Pro. Added die stations alone are helpful, now I can easily run even mixed (including nontox) cases.

If I was buying now, I would get a Revolution. Difference between Evo and Revo used to be like $6000 when you could only buy Evo with "basic" options (case feeder etc) and Revo only as "everything biggest and best". Now you choose all the options for both and if you choose normal case feeder and bullet feeder, manual powder measure and no automatic primer collator, the price difference is just $1500. I have not had any issues with my Evolution Pro, but would prefer the gear based powerline instead of the belt drive in Evo.

10 hours ago, ano said:

They did recently send out a mail that a lot of issues with the machines had been adressed. can anyone confirm issues has been adressed? 

Also, 11 or 14" casefeeder? 

For bulletfeeder Im going pro, dont feel like rubberbands. 

At least the issues I have seen have been fixed.

If money is not an object, I would go with the bigger case feeder. Not because of capacity or speed but because of reliability, the smaller one made by Hornady is not as good as e.g. a Dillon one.

For bulletfeeder the normal version is ok unless you want the capacity/speed of the bigger one. Instead of rubber band you can get the Armanov spring system for quite cheap.

6 hours ago, Allenmat said:

Yes, I can empty the brass, but the lock is faster and easier.

You can also use the emptying feature to move the feeder tube to "between", i.e. not emptying it but not feeding either.

2 hours ago, mikamarj said:

For bulletfeeder the normal version is ok unless you want the capacity/speed of the bigger one. Instead of rubber band you can get the Armanov spring system for quite cheap.

I'd note that the Armanov spring only helps the die's inner tube return to the downward position.  It doesn't push the bullet into the case; that's done by the weight of the bullet stack in the feeder tube (gravity).  As such, the spring supplied by the Armanov is *way* too strong.  I'm going to see if I can find a lighter one at Lowes.  

3 minutes ago, teros135 said:

I'd note that the Armanov spring only helps the die's inner tube return to the downward position.  It doesn't push the bullet into the case; that's done by the weight of the bullet stack in the feeder tube (gravity).  As such, the spring supplied by the Armanov is *way* too strong.  I'm going to see if I can find a lighter one at Lowes.  

Only issue I ever had with Mr Bulletfeeder was that the occassional 1/1000 bullet that comes upside-down, would dispense 2 bullets. The Armanov spring fixed that behavious so I'm quite happy and see no need for a lighter spring...

AFAIK DAA also sells the "pro" version die only, if you want that but don't need the larger feeder itself.

23 minutes ago, mikamarj said:

Only issue I ever had with Mr Bulletfeeder was that the occassional 1/1000 bullet that comes upside-down, would dispense 2 bullets. The Armanov spring fixed that behavious so I'm quite happy and see no need for a lighter spring...

AFAIK DAA also sells the "pro" version die only, if you want that but don't need the larger feeder itself.

That’s exactly what I did. Just purchase the pro version of the dropper and call it a day. 

I havent had any issues with the pro.  

Thanks for input mikamarj

Guessing we have shot together as your only a few countries away

I want the bigger one for the capacity, loading alsa pros I havent had a single upside down bullet in 50.000 or so, (thats when I botherd fixing it, tilting it with a empty primer tray and misc hacks. 

Im not even in the room loading anymore, just pop in to fill primers every 5-6 minutes. 

1 hour ago, teros135 said:

FYI, newer Evos (last couple of months) have a mysterious threaded hole (1/4-20 or so) on the underside of the case feed "box".  A case slide locking device may be coming our way.  

There are so many extra holes in the press, it's hard to say! 

I received my Evo Pro late last week. A sensor wire was missing and the case feeder was not working.

I finished setting up the equipment during the weekend and called CS Yesterday. They were very professional and friendly.

They told me how to fix the case feeder right away (video and photos sent via email) and I received a tracking number for the wire that will be delivered Friday. So far VERY happy with the product and great CS.

I saw your post in the other thread. Did you call them at all to explain your issue and/or follow-up after you shipped back the items?

I know they have a support/ticketing system, but many of those are plagued with bugs or issues (especially if hosted in the cloud).

A lot of things can go wrong like delayed notifications, etc. Nothing beats a simple call and get to you know the techs.

Edited by LowBoost

I am not one to bash a company, so I wont go into detail. But, I have spoke to them several times and sent several emails between myself and one CS rep. until I posted in the other thread the last contact from them was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Then it took them like 5 min to respond to the thread and send and email to me.  I know with all the holidays and shot show coming up things are busy, and I have been patient, but I am now at 7+ weeks with no end in sight of when the auto drive will actually work. 

So I just wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with the machine itself, CS or other problems. 

I will say, as I have told them in emails, I really hope they get is resolved because I think the machine is indeed a superior design to the other re-loaders in that class. 

Got it. I can relate to how frustrating it could be. I guess I was lucky. Just a few things I figured out as the setup progressed and I received help from several fellow members that answered several questions I posted. I thought I would have to ship back the case feeder, but it was an easy fix. Once I receive the wire, I will do a final check and start testing.

I agree the design and product finish is by far superior to anything else out there.

On 1/7/2019 at 4:47 AM, mikamarj said:

You can also use the emptying feature to move the feeder tube to "between", i.e. not emptying it but not feeding either.

That's what I've been doing, I just keep the allen wrench for that locking screw handy and when I need to clear the press, I loosen it slightly and swing the tube holder out to the left just clear of the die plate, but not so far out that the cases fall out.  Takes 2 seconds and I can just run the press clear, then swing it back and snug the screw back up.  I do agree that having a way to lock back the feeder arm would be even easier, and I could see that being something that MK7 will incorporate into the design at some point since having an easy way to stop cases from feeding would be a common need for anyone running a press.  I'm sure this is on their radar.

For me, the customer support of Mark 7 has been acceptable. Definitely not on the generous "no bulls#!t" level that many Dillon users are used to, but everything got fixed in a reasonable time so nothing to complain really.

When I received my EVO (manual) I had a missing part from the bullet feeder.  I called and they cannibalized one on the shelf to get me my part.  I also had a problem with the primer seating.  I called after hours one night and a tech answered the phone and worked with me over the phone while I tried different things to get the problem resolved.  I have had super CS support from Mark 7 and I consider it every bit as good, if not better, than what I previously had with my Dillon machine.

My CS experience has been so so. Sometimes it's been prompt and others have been non existent. 

Unfortunate I've had a handful of problems and have needed the CS on multiple issues. Couple I gave up on the CS and figured it out myself.

When I do get you talk to Sean @ MK7.  He has been very helpful.  But email responses are hit or miss.

I would rate my experience so far about a D+ or C-.

BTW talked to Sean about my powder measure update. Sounds like it will be a couple of months before it gets fixed. Guess they are waiting for updated parts to be made. Not a huge deal, since I've got a hornady that works excellent.  But still, I wish it was working properly! 

That company lies about so much Its ridiculous very misleading. I thought I wanted a machine but then a friend of mine told me what happened to him. He had a medical emergency in his family  and tried to cancel his machine and it was forced down his throat. Customer service sent the machine too him even though he didn't want it. Pretty obvious all they care about is stroking their egos and money. Absolutely not the customer. Maybe when they give respect they will gain respect.

38 minutes ago, donttreadonme said:

I thought I wanted a machine but then a friend of mine told me what happened to him.

3 minutes ago, donttreadonme said:

I wanted an evo but they lied and said they can't make them because they wanted to upsell me an evo pro. 

Which is it?

They closed sales of the Evos and you could join a waitlist. You were most likely offered the evo pro as they are still taking orders on those.