Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

4 hours ago, Fantom919 said:

Just the price included dies before, but now you get no dies and 10% price increase? 

Seems crappy that this is how things progressed.

However for what you get, if the original price was initially released as 2750 with no dies, I don't think you would lose many people's interest in this press. I still have high hopes and eagerly waiting some user reviews and feedback.

Supply and demand. Bump the prices up just enough to keep a steady stream of customers without too much of a backlog. Leica rangefinder cameras do the same thing, $6K cameras without any lenses. They probably could get the price up to $2,995.00 without losing any revenue stream. In reality people that would want the machines, which is a one time cost, pay much more in consumables than the price of the machine. If they indeed are better than the 1050 then I am sure a few hundred dollars is not going to dissuade those that are tired of keep tweaking the Dillon 1050s. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, tanks said:

Supply and demand. Bump the prices up just enough to keep a steady stream of customers without too much of a backlog. Leica rangefinder cameras do the same thing, $6K cameras without any lenses. They probably could get the price up to $2,995.00 without losing any revenue stream. In reality people that would want the machines, which is a one time cost, pay much more in consumables than the price of the machine. If they indeed are better than the 1050 then I am sure a few hundred dollars is not going to dissuade those that are tired of keep tweaking the Dillon 1050s. 

Yeah I definitely agree. Interesting that the price would go up without actually selling any or having any be used yet. (Full frame camera and a few good lenses doesn't make a $3k press seem that expensive anymore hahah)

15 minutes ago, Fantom919 said:

Yeah I definitely agree. Interesting that the price would go up without actually selling any or having any be used yet. (Full frame camera and a few good lenses doesn't make a $3k press seem that expensive anymore hahah)

If the current backlog is 6 months, and their proposed/budgeted production rate is such that it takes, say, 6 months to produce them, then increasing the price until the rate of new orders is slightly less than the production rate makes sense- at least to me.   (all numbers are complete guesses, btw)

The ONLY reason I haven't ordered one yet is simply that I've been remodeling my reloading room, helping my son rebuild his 1966 suburban, running my bar/restaurant remotely, and started a new oilfield business...so I haven't and won't have any time to actually reload any time in the foreseeable future, lol, so I'm simply going to wait until I have some hope of time...

Edited by rmantoo

FYI, when I ordered an Evolution press recently, I did so with a distributor online.  They actually just wanted a non-refundable deposit but I could use it on anything if I changed my mind before it shipped. 

But, when I emailed asking about these things they said after their initial order they would not be doing the introductory pricing anymore.  So I got mine pre-ordered for $2,500ish.  So it seems like that the initial price was introductory.  Not an uncommon thing to do I guess, when sending out a new product to market and needing early adopters.

I am upgrading for the Hornady press, so instead of buying an antiquated 1050 I opted for this new thing.  I trust it'll be refined enough for what I need. I really just want a press that will de-crimp for me, and having extra stations for the powder check is also great.  So I think this press will do that for me, as would the 1050, but it'll surely be guaranteed to fun better than my Hornady. 

I can't wait to get my evolution I assume that Mark 7 will honor their price and package as ordered for those of us that ordered early. I am tumbling brass right now so that I will have plenty on hand when it gets here.

• 5 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

After talking to M7 it looks like current production lead times are 4 months from order.  

Thanks for the update. I’ll post here when I get any status change on mine. I ordered from double alpha on 4/18. 

18 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

After talking to M7 it looks like current production lead times are 4 months from order.  

The current leads times will get shorter as we build up more production capability, but we are working hard to get over the initial hump in production! Please contact us for updates, we will be providing updates as shipping dates get closer as well.

6 hours ago, Mark7 said:

The current leads times will get shorter as we build up more production capability, but we are working hard to get over the initial hump in production! Please contact us for updates, we will be providing updates as shipping dates get closer as well.

Why not have a status update on your website for each product line. You take the time to post on this forum detailed information.  Why not just provide it to the masses via the site you already maintain. 

I get the best support when I call you guys and I most certainly could call in everyday and your company would happily answer my questions. I just feel like it wouldn’t take much for your company to better inform its customers what’s going on proactively vs being reactive. 

While I am on my soap box, I don’t have a Facebook account. Are there any plans to have a public support forum to discuss the revolution and evolution. I feel like everything is under wraps for all the wrong reasons. 

Edited by Thetimb

I'm gonna have to start shooting limited again to conserve 9mm for bigger matches until the press gets here. As soon as I get the press I will have to swap it to 9mm and get loading. I should have ordered it 9mm with a 556 conversion instead. 

I emailed them and they called me the other day. Was quoted $2749 for the Evolution with shipping out in August. They asked if I wanted to put down a $500 deposit to hold my space in line. The above only covers the press with no dies and no powder drop. However, they do not have a price on the powder drop but said it would be a few hundred dollars. What are you guys going to use on the Evelution as a power drop? No way I’m slapping one of my Dillon’s on there off my 650. I want to upgrade and was considering the 1050 but the Evolution seems like a more solid machine. I have Redding dies and a Dillon powder check I can use but I’m concerned about the powder drop. Can anyone chime in who has an Evolution as to what you are using as a powder drop? Is it from Mr7? Or, some combo of parts? Also, Shooters Connection and DAA has them listed for $2499.99 (pre order price). Kinda a no brainer to order from them unless In missing something here.

44 minutes ago, quiller said:

I emailed them and they called me the other day. Was quoted $2749 for the Evolution with shipping out in August. They asked if I wanted to put down a $500 deposit to hold my space in line. The above only covers the press with no dies and no powder drop. However, they do not have a price on the powder drop but said it would be a few hundred dollars. What are you guys going to use on the Evelution as a power drop? No way I’m slapping one of my Dillon’s on there off my 650. I want to upgrade and was considering the 1050 but the Evolution seems like a more solid machine. I have Redding dies and a Dillon powder check I can use but I’m concerned about the powder drop. Can anyone chime in who has an Evolution as to what you are using as a powder drop? Is it from Mr7? Or, some combo of parts? Also, Shooters Connection and DAA has them listed for $2499.99 (pre order price). Kinda a no brainer to order from them unless In missing something here.

I missed the powder drop part and just assumed it came with one. Bummer. I guess I am going to buy their new one. 

No powder measure? Really? The one they show on their website is a spray painted Hornady.  The hornady case activated measure would work on any press, and is only $150 or so total. A few hundred would make it more expensive than the next two most expensive measures combined!?

I assumed that the rebranded powder measure would be included if it isn't I will just slap a Hornady measure on it. Besides once you have a measure buying the linkages are cheap enough to leave it pre adjusted on each tool head. 

That is an interesting design I guess this is the problem of buying something from pre production sometimes the final product isn't what is pictured.

Edited by WarrenZ

10 minutes ago, Nigels1911 said:

Of course comes with a powder drop. 

That's good news, but not what I was told on the phone on Friday. It seemed odd that the powder drop is mentioned in several forum post but not included. Thanks for verifying. So, can anyone speak to my last question on the price of the machine:  Shooters Connection and DAA have them listed for $2499.99 (pre order price). Kinda a no brainer to order from them unless In missing something here. Why would Mk7 be asking $300 more, which is about the military, leo, etc discount that I asked about.

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

That's good news, but not what I was told on the phone on Friday. It seemed odd that the powder drop is mentioned in several forum post but not included. Thanks for verifying. So, can anyone speak to my last question on the price of the machine:  Shooters Connection and DAA have them listed for $2499.99 (pre order price). Kinda a no brainer to order from them unless In missing something here. Why would Mk7 be asking $300 more, which is about the military, leo, etc discount that I asked about.

we'll look into what happened on the phone - if you can get the pre-release price from the dealers that is the place to go .

2 minutes ago, Nigels1911 said:

we'll look into what happened on the phone - if you can get the pre-release price from the dealers that is the place to go .

Thanks and I'll most likely jump on the pre-release price...

Also, the preordered presses still available for purchase at Shooters Connection were all ordered before the die cutoff, so they will include dies. Any press ordered after mid April do not include dies. 

1 hour ago, SSGJohnV said:

Also, the preordered presses still available for purchase at Shooters Connection were all ordered before the die cutoff, so they will include dies. Any press ordered after mid April do not include dies. 

John, thanks for following up. I was chatting with DAA via email on this also and ended up ordering one from them. Not that is was a Coke or Pepsi choice but I have a history with DAA so I went back for some more Cool Aid! Cheers, Alan

1 hour ago, quiller said:

John, thanks for following up. I was chatting with DAA via email on this also and ended up ordering one from them. Not that is was a Coke or Pepsi choice but I have a history with DAA so I went back for some more Cool Aid! Cheers, Alan

Alan,

Understandable! My post was meant to clear the air about what to expect from this release is all. Clear information helps people to make an informed decision. Hope you enjoy your press!