Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

Finally getting around to settling up my Evo. Home and work life is keeping me very busy. We are also in the process of buying a new home....that will need a bunch of work. Even if I don’t make ammo in the coming months I’ll at least get the dies set up. 

DE52EA62-6164-460B-8D8F-EA3311B20B99.jpeg

It happens to everyone. I didn’t get a chance to use mine for 70 days or so. Cranked out a bunch of ammo and it’s been under a cover since. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

I hope mine gets shipped soon, but at the same tie, worried it will be in vain if I will have issues with the powder dispenser.

Is it a given that "everyone" is having or had issues with them or is it just a few people?

I had a pretty major issue with mine. 

31 minutes ago, max1337 said:

I am done setting up my Evo and the powder measure is pretty damn accurate .. Once I got my throw to 3.9 of VV N320, I weighed and loaded 10x cases before chrono'ing and results are ; 3.92, 3.92, 3.94, 3.92, 3.96, 3.92, 3.98, 4, 3.92, 3,92   . Using Gempro 250 scale. I will post chrono results early next week for those who are interested. 

The primer seating was almost bang on from factory and minimal adjustments had to be done for it to be perfect. 

I'm still in the process of setting up mine, but if I get close to what you got I will be very happy. My goal is to be more consistent and with much less spillage over my 650. 

4 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’d be more curious to see what the ES of the ammo is over a chrono, compared to a similar load through a known quantity like the Dillon  powder measure.

Better yet, how about just comparing the Evo measure to the Dillon (or others that are similar in design to the Evo) for accuracy and spread? They're all mechanical devices, and shouldn't they be able to hold to some standard of accuracy?

4 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’d be more curious to see what the ES of the ammo is over a chrono, compared to a similar load through a known quantity like the Dillon  powder measure.

FWIW I got 3% variance in chrono velocity on the ammo I was loading on my old 650, which I considered "good" and acceptable for match ammo.  After working out many issues with my Evo and getting a 2nd gen powder measure from MK7 I was at 7% variance in velocity, i.e. "Not Good".  After installing an aftermarket pyrex glass powder hopper it was down to 4.5% (it went from 67fps variance to 42fps variance).   My 2nd gen powder measure is back at MK7 now for evaluation and (hopefully) upgrade to the newest spec to bring it in line with the accuracy of the standard Dillon powder measure.  All of those stats are with a 9mm minor load, 147gr bullet and 3.1gr of Titegroup powder, by the way.  From what I've observed, it's mostly the the lighter loads that seem to be an issue with the MK7 powder measure.  I still haven't found anyone loading the 9mm minor load with Titegroup who is having good results, if anyone is on here in that situation please post up what you're seeing if you can!

Although this might be the route I will be forced to take, I wonder if anyone owns the M7 digital powder measure and if it also has the same issue?

If not, I wonder if we can get that one at a discount while the "problem" with the regular model is "solved".

Well I called MK7 this afternoon, actually spoke with Jay. My EVO-Pro should ship next week; they are still "QC" the powder measure then it will ship, minus the power trimmer as they are still working out some bugs with them. I ordered it the first week of August. Its in 223 and I have the second guide pin packed with it. So we shall soon see.

29 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

Well, mine didn't ship this week. The more I read about issues, the more I think about giving up on reloading and just cancel my order, sell everything and just buy reloads from some reputable place.

I think many would say a 1050 + Ammobot is a perfectly fine reloading solution, and a lot less expensive to boot.  

Do what you want, of course, but there are options.  

21 minutes ago, teros135 said:

I think many would say a 1050 + Ammobot is a perfectly fine reloading solution, and a lot less expensive to boot.  

Do what you want, of course, but there are options.  

I originally had my order in for the evolution but canceled and went this exact route after giving up on the wait time.  A friend of mine stuck with his order and finally received his evolution and I’m glad and this is just me that I did change my order and go this route. 

A little video  so you can see different options