Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

On 11/16/2018 at 9:17 AM, CrashDodson said:

I run 40. Processing and loading at the same time. Press set at 2200 with some adjustments to dwell and index. I'm getting a throughput of around 1700rph.  I notice a very slight flex in the tool head at the bottom of the stroke. Considering the second pin but it doesnt seem to be an issue.  If I could get a mighty armory pin that would fix the primer pull back I would be pumping out ammo like crazy. Still seeing about 5 stoppages per 100 due to primer pull back. The decap sense has sped up clearing those significantly though. 

Did you have to adjust the swage sense? Mine will not trigger when a primer gets pulled back in.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly.  I have jacked with the swage sense until I'm pretty much just done with it. I believe the deal is running pistol at 5 or less on the clutch the clutch is always going to trip first.  I have had a ticket opened with m7 about it but I think it just doesnt work at lower clutch levels. And it makes sense. It doesnt really matter which feature stops the press.  If you were running rifle at high clutch settings it makes sense. 

If all you plan to run is pistol I really dont think swage sense is worth the cost.  Wish I would have gotten bullet sense instead. 

2 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Honestly.  I have jacked with the swage sense until I'm pretty much just done with it. I believe the deal is running pistol at 5 or less on the clutch the clutch is always going to trip first.  I have had a ticket opened with m7 about it but I think it just doesnt work at lower clutch levels. And it makes sense. It doesnt really matter which feature stops the press.  If you were running rifle at high clutch settings it makes sense. 

If all you plan to run is pistol I really dont think swage sense is worth the cost.  Wish I would have gotten bullet sense instead. 

I run 9mm at 3 and the swage sense detects every ringer. I would call Mark7 everyday to figure out why yours is not working.  

That is a critical sensor in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, Smithcity said:

To those interested in OAL. I set up my 9mm redding competition seating die. I chose 10 case stamps, 2 are winchester the rest are mixed. I am going for 1.13" oal. Below are the results organized by columns of the same length. 2nd picture are the corresponding head stamps.

I.e. Evo Pro + redding competition seating die + mixed headstamp 9mm cases = 1.126" to 1.132" for a sample space of 10 cases.

That would work for me. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, Stymie12000 said:

I'm all fine for this kind of system.  I think it's great that there is one place for accurate up to date information.  But the system is useless if you cannot access it! 

You can access all the information you want if you own a machine.  That is when you need it.  Otherwise it just serves to quench curiosity.  One might say it doesn't help their marketing but the fact that they have backorders of several months waiting for the machines indicates the product stands on its own.  I know mine does and I am very happy I got one. 

2 hours ago, Ocrrhbow said:

You can access all the information you want if you own a machine.  That is when you need it.  Otherwise it just serves to quench curiosity.  One might say it doesn't help their marketing but the fact that they have backorders of several months waiting for the machines indicates the product stands on its own.  I know mine does and I am very happy I got one. 

I do own an Evo. But Mark7 would not approve my forum account  after I filled out the sign in process. So I installed/setup the press with no instructions! That's why we have been discussing their system for providing a manual on this forum. I did finally get approval but that was after I figured everything out without their help! And was days later. 

If they want to use this system, then they need to let new buyers have access to it in a timely manner! I'm sure they will get it figured out (at least i hope so). 

If they want to use this system, then they need to let new buyers have access to it in a timely manner! I'm sure they will get it figured out (at least i hope so). 

This has been an issue since they started the company so don’t hold your breath. And for the record I’ve been a customer for awhile. Frankly, their attitude on this is silly.

I will definitely call tomorrow or Tuesday. 

I did a little more testing and sure enough still around .4 variation.

However,  if I hand cycle the drop. Meaning, rotate the drum by hand while holding the brass at the funnel.  I get .04 variation. Which is just as good as my hornady.  I tried both mbf and mark 7 funnel. Nothing changed. I also made sure the linkage was tight and the drum was getting full travel. Must be something between the drum and funnel not lining up or not letting the drum to fully dump! I've noticed that it never goes over the hand cycled load weight. Always under. 

Supposedly my press is on the table getting its final checks done and should ship sometime this week. I was almost at the point of canceling the order and going with a couple of 1050s but I am glad I havent done that yet. I hope to get a batch of 9mm out soon on the press when it shows up.

3 hours ago, Stymie12000 said:

Yes, worked for me just fine on the EVO. Not sure if the faster cycling of the automated evo pro will make a difference but it worked great with hand cycling! 

Actually just tested and loaded up some rounds this morning since my M7 isnt working correctly!  

Good to know. Ive already invested hours into the M7 powder drop and haven't gotten where I want yet, if I dont get there soon ill just buy the hornady and send the M7 drop back for repair

2 hours ago, max1337 said:

...Kinda sounds like guys are running the system fast like 2000+rph when have inconsistent powder drops and when running manual with the handle seems to be alright.

Shouldn't the powder measure work properly at all speeds the machine is designed to operate at?  Both manual and automated - especially automated, since that's its big selling point ("up to speeds of 2,500 rounds per hour").   

23 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Has anybody tried using the Dillon powder measure on the Evo / Evo Pro, perhaps while waiting for the Mk7 measure to come back from service?  How well does it work, including at speed? 

That or Hornady LnL powder measure look pretty accurate and consistent

10 hours ago, RGA said:

Fwiw, I currently run a Dillon powder measure (using 2 return springs) on my (manua)l Evo without problems.

How does the Evo itself work?  

Is it smooth when you crank it up to a decent speed? 

The main reason I'm using the Dillon measure is not because I'm unhappy with the MK7 powder measure itself but because the .223 powder funnel that came with it was slightly out of spec. This is in the process of being replaced. When done I will return to the MK7 measure.

Edited by RGA

Finally getting around to settling up my Evo. Home and work life is keeping me very busy. We are also in the process of buying a new home....that will need a bunch of work. Even if I don’t make ammo in the coming months I’ll at least get the dies set up. 

DE52EA62-6164-460B-8D8F-EA3311B20B99.jpeg