Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, teros135 said:

I'm looking at the M7 Evo (manual version) and can't seem to find one for sale.  M7 sells the Evo Pro but has has the manual Evo greyed out, and others such as DAA have only the Evo Pro builder listed.  Is there any way to get the manual Evo? 

Also (this is directed to folks who actually own a manual Evo and have been running it), what "optional accessories" are needed to run the manual Evo successfully?  And what will that bring the cost to?  I've seen it listed for $3900 at doubletap sports (on pre-order, which is on hold) without accessories, so it sounds like it can go a bit higher. 

Thanks!

The "early adopter" price was roughly $2500 as I recall. They then increased it to $2750. 

$3900 seems grossly excessive for a manual Evo.

Edited to add: I just went to their website and you are right: $3899.99.... Wow...

Edited by ddc

2 minutes ago, ddc said:

The "early adopter" price was roughly $2500 as I recall. They then increased it to $2750. 

$3900 seems grossly excessive for a manual Evo.

Edited to add: I just went to their website and you are right: $3899.99.... Wow...

Yeah, I could see $2750, although it seems some accessories might still be desirable...

8 hours ago, ringram said:

Can someone tell me how many primer tubes come with the Evo+Auto? Or even just the Evo?

Just wondering how many more to order. I have an RF-100 as well. 

Any suggestions/tips :) ?

1 small primer 1 large primer

12 hours ago, ringram said:

Can someone tell me how many primer tubes come with the Evo+Auto? Or even just the Evo?

Just wondering how many more to order. I have an RF-100 as well. 

Any suggestions/tips :) ?

With an RF-100 user, you hit the button... load primers while loading....  by the time you need another 100 primers, the tube is loaded. 

The RF100 tube fits on to the Evo primer tube (there is a cutout for the primer alarm for the rf-100), just need to push on the tube a bit.

My evo showed up yesterday! 

So this am I unbox and start assembling! Except there is no installation instructions.  Only a note saying to sign up for the forum access which has instructions and videos.  

Well I signed up early am with a response that an approval email will be sent. Well I'm still waiting for the approval email to get access (yes I checked spam folder). So no installation instructions 12 hours later! This is a first for me and not a good start!

I did manage to figure out the install but also learned that they did not include the primer stack plunger and weight. The part that sits on top of the primers and causes the low primer sensor to alert when empty. I did call and opened a ticket. I did receive an email already but it says I need to register to the forums!  I already did my part 12 hours ago!

I guess this is a little venting and needless to say not a good start. Hopefully this is just a glitch but they really shouldn't restrict the online manual! Guess I shouldn't complain too much, at least mine has finally arrived

And I will say overall the machine is nice and well built!

35 minutes ago, Stymie12000 said:

So this am I unbox and start assembling! Except there is no installation instructions.  Only a note saying to sign up for the forum access which has instructions and videos.  

Well I signed up early am with a response that an approval email will be sent. Well I'm still waiting for the approval email to get access (yes I checked spam folder). So no installation instructions 12 hours later! This is a first for me and not a good start!

I did manage to figure out the install but also learned that they did not include the primer stack plunger and weight. The part that sits on top of the primers and causes the low primer sensor to alert when empty. I did call and opened a ticket. I did receive an email already but it says I need to register to the forums!  I already did my part 12 hours ago!

I guess this is a little venting and needless to say not a good start. Hopefully this is just a glitch but they really shouldn't restrict the online manual! Guess I shouldn't complain too much, at least mine has finally arrived

Here you go https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZF74T7ZC5AeTXVzTR8PaIHi73kxMSar87cy

On 11/11/2018 at 8:21 AM, armedmoose said:

With an RF-100 user, you hit the button... load primers while loading....  by the time you need another 100 primers, the tube is loaded. 

The RF100 tube fits on to the Evo primer tube (there is a cutout for the primer alarm for the rf-100), just need to push on the tube a bit.

Oh, so do you mean I can connect the RF-100 directly to the Evo press?

On 10/24/2018 at 5:08 AM, itselataaja550 said:

Mark 7 case feeder fix STL file is here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3173334

andrewtacAlmost any printer will do, mine is a Malyan M200 which cost less than 200€ a couple of years ago. It has only 12x12x12cm printing area which fits most things but forget printing darth vader helmets or such.

Malyan was so cheap they even misspelled their slogan on the side of the machine.
"Realizing possibilty" ... instead of possibility.

7 hours ago, Stymie12000 said:

You need to call them to register. I registered online on Thursday and have no email and no account from them. Also, so far, nothing i ordered works, there are missing parts, hoping to resolve everything, i doubt it will take less than a month. Misty seems to be the most accessible knowledgable and responsive person we have worked with.

Edited by Smithcity

4 hours ago, Smithcity said:

You need to call them to register. I registered online on Thursday and have no email and no account from them. Also, so far, nothing i ordered works, there are missing parts, hoping to resolve everything, i doubt it will take less than a month. Misty seems to be the most accessible knowledgable and responsive person we have worked with.

That's nice! I'm glad they said to go online to register! All they need to do is add a CD with instructions and video and the instructions will be shipped with the product.  

Hope they get your stuff working. My press does work and with my small sample batch, it works well. 

On 11/14/2018 at 7:20 AM, Stymie12000 said:

That's nice! I'm glad they said to go online to register! All they need to do is add a CD with instructions and video and the instructions will be shipped with the product.  

Hope they get your stuff working. My press does work and with my small sample batch, it works well. 

Part of the reason, I believe, is that they update software and components occasionally. Having a constant online manual that gets updated helps them keep their customers on the most current version. I don't know this for a fact, just my assumption.

11 hours ago, Smithcity said:

They have some good people some that arent good, and responsiveness is hit or miss. My impression is they will take care of everyone, it just might not be quick or smooth.

I've visited their headquarters and can say for a fact that the customer service team they have is knowledgeable and considerate. I don't think customer comments getting "lost in the sauce" is endemic or tied to any singular person. Small team, new product line, and a lot of moving parts. M7 has some real talent working there and I think you'll be taken care of, especially as they get the Evolution line out and rolling as time goes on.